|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 17, 2020|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Mary Joy Development Association is a nonprofit development oriented organization serves the community for the past 25+ years dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable communities by advancing and implementing integrated development program focuses on livelihood enhancement, education and heath with cross cutting issues of children empowerment, environmental protection, Adolescent and Youth Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS and inclusiveness. For the USAID funded project focusing on HIV epidemic control for orphan and vulnerable children service in SNNPRS, Mary Joy seeks to recruit a Compliance officer to be based in Addis Ababa.
Department: USAID HIV Epidemic Control grants for OVC Services
Reports to: M& E Manager
II. Position Summary
Database management and Information Technology Officer is responsible to Design, develop and manage databases, spreadsheets and other data tools. He or she is also responsible to develop and implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability. Maintains the computer networks of the organizations, providing technical support and ensuring the whole company runs smoothly. Maintains the company computer systems, installs and configures hardware and software, and solves technical problems.
III. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop and manage databases, spreadsheets and other data tools
- Consolidate operational information on a regular schedule to support analysis and design and implement sustainable information management and dissemination systems for data collections
- Develop and implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability
- Propose and implement upgrades to the database webpage, data entry and data storing systems
- Produce and update information products such as maps, charts and infographics by turning data into graphical products to convey messages and a storyline as well as support strategic and operational decision-making
- Provide support on maintenance, design and development of content on the organizations web platforms
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Setting up accounts for new users
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- BA in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related fields of study.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in database management and IT
- Familiarity with computer operating systems and database technology (design, software and structure)
- Previous work experience in IT or technology-related industrial placements, Software development setups
- Demonstrated a good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills Good organizational skills
Interested applicants can send their CV’s and other relevant documents by email email@example.com before the deadline. Please specify the position of the post in the subject line of your email for easy sort-out of applicants. Candidates who meet the minimum requirements shall be invited for further assessment.