Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) – USAID/Ethiopia Empowering Communities – Community Engagement (ECCE) Activity
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 9, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Overview of Pathfinder International
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal and child health care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, ensure availability of safe abortion services and post-abortion care, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Pathfinder is seeking for Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) - USAID/Ethiopia Empowering Communities – Community Engagement (ECCE) Activity for the 5-year $49.99M USAID/Ethiopia Empowering Communities – Community Engagement (ECCE) Activity. The activity will work to empower communities for better health and nutrition outcomes through community ownership of its own health and strengthened accountability systems.
Reports to: Chief of Party-USAID/Ethiopia Empowering Communities-Community Engagement (ECCE) Activity
Job Summary: The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will be responsible for the day-to-day operations on the project and provide overall technical and programmatic support to the project. They will support the Chief of Party (COP) with project oversight, and maintenance of M&E, financial, and technical components of the project. The DCOP supports the COP and partners as necessary to cultivate relationships with the government counterparts to advance program objectives ensure smooth implementation of program activities and will serve as COP in COP’s absence.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Strategic Development and Implementation: Provides managerial and technical support to the COP, including leading the development of strategies, creating work plans, development of deliverables, compliance, and reporting according to USAID requirements
- Project Support: Provides technical guidance/assistance to project staff and partners for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating activities for the accomplishment of project objectives.
- Financial and Operations Support: Oversees financial and administrative functions of the project and provide capacity building as needed.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Oversees the monitoring of project performance to ensure project objectives are achieved or exceeded.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Initiates and nurtures partnerships with new and existing stakeholders including the private sector. Manages close collaborative relationships and engagement with national level government stakeholders.
- Pathfinder Representation: Represents the project and internal and external technical meetings and conferences.
- Managing External Teams: Provides strategic oversight and leadership to subcontractors, local teams, and local partners
- Acting COP: Serve as COP in COP’s absence
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Advanced degree in related field
- Minimum eight years of senior-level experience implementing USAID funded programs related to project
- Experience interacting/collaborating with government agencies, Ethiopia governments and counterparts, international donor agencies, private sector, civil society, and community-based organizations, including capacity building.
- Experience implementing community engagement and accountability approaches.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID’s funding policies, rules and regulations.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Program Management: Experience in program management and administration, financial management, award compliance and sub award management, and tracking activity performance and costs.
- Leadership: Demonstrated leadership skills in working collaboratively with other donors, Ethiopia institutions, and international organizations.
- Relationship Building: Demonstrated depth and breadth of relevant technical expertise and experience, interpersonal skills and professional relationships, including strong relationships with USAID, the Ethiopia MOH, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Management and Supervision: Proven ability to lead, manage, and develop direct reports within a matrix culture.
- Operations and Financial Management: Deep knowledge of operations and financial management on a USAID funded project.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using Amharic and English.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to thrive in a matrix organization, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related matters.
- Preference for Ethiopian Nationals.
- Ability to travel within Ethiopia (up to 35%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone, laptop or desktop computer
Pathfinder International invites eligible candidates to submit their applications via Ethiopiahr@pathfinder.org on or before August 18, 2021
Please send Cover Letter and CV with 3 professional references including their organizational telephone number & email address. No additional document is required.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pathfinder is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted applicants will be considered.