Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Support the COP in the Management of grant/project budget within approved spending levels and ensure project staff submit accurate and timely financial reports, forecasts, and burn rate analyses to donors and Support Office staff.
- Develop strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and overall management of the program in line with USAID guidelines to achieve project objectives
- Establishing and ensuring efficient program management, capacity building and implementation of project and enforcing compliance with USAID requirements, U.S. government regulations, and World Vision’s policies and procedures.
- Provide technical support and supportive supervision to the project team
- Works with COP, Finance Manager, and project operation staffs to monitor project activities, budget to eliminate risk of under over expenditure of the project
- Provide the necessary support to ensure that all technical and project personnel function within approved budgets and in accordance with USAID and WV regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines. Promote staff integration and a good work environment.
Required Professional Experience
- At least more than 7 years of demonstrated experience managing operational, project management and administrative duties for the U.S. Government–funded projects or other internationally funded programs. Previous Deputy Chief of Party, or senior management experience in public health, public health emergency management, disaster preparedness and management, resilience, health system strengthening, and/or related field in Ethiopia. Experience managing complex public health emergencies involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Public Health, or related areas is preferred, with deep understanding and knowledge of the health system strengthening, disaster risk management and the public health emergency management
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Management skill in designing, managing, and implementing, monitoring and evaluation of donor-supported programs as well technical skill in managing public health emergencies.
- Sound knowledge and experience of on Public Health Emergency Management program
- Sound knowledge of strategies and techniques to manage the effective implementation of USAID funded large grants
- Excellent management skills and knowledge of USG procedures and policies, agreement compliance, financial planning and management, procurement, sub-award management, and support areas;
- Proven ability to liaise with public health stakeholders across government, private sector, non-governmental actors, and donors;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in Amharic and English