Deputy Director of Finance & Investments DPT
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2022|
|Category|| Finance |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting each department to prepare their budget and check the company comprehensive budget.
- Analyzing and reporting on financial performance to assist senior executives.
- Ensure that all the company’s financial practice is in line with the company financial procedure and manuals and the concerned government rules & regulations
- Review and make sure that departmental expenditures and performances are in line with their annual budget.
- Monitor all companies’ financial transaction.
- Showing the way and supervising accounting staffs to ensure the day to day activities of the finance department are conducting smoothly.
- Check account receivable, monitoring cash flow position and other reports on a weekly basis and prepare the pertinent financial reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis for the consumption of the company management and other bodies as required.
- Follow up the collection of forecasted receivables in order to maintain positive cash flow.
- Assisting and working closely with other departments on financial related issues as required
- Prepare and make ready all annual financial reports along with relevant supporting data for external audit and government tax authority on a timely basis
- Create & maintain positive working relationship with companies internal and external stakeholders like management, banks and government tax and customs authorities.
- Working closely with banks to fulfill financing needs of the company
- Follow up the execution of each company’s sales contract in order to reconcile the company’s revenue & cost with the contract.
- Conducting feasibility studies.
- Evaluating performances of investments.
- Update & Implement financial policies & Procedures according to companies existing situations, government rules & regulations.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in Finance Accounting, Business Management, and in related fields of study;
· Work Experience of 8 years, out of which 4 years must be on supervisory position.
· Self-initiation, able to handle multiple works at once and works under pressure and who able to work closely with team members
· proficient in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Calendar Management are mandatory
· Good communication; written and spoken skills
· ability to give attention to details
· Ability to be proactive and independent, and to be interdependent on the team
· Ability to get along well with the senior project manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience of reputable company / PLC which engaged on import, Service provision is advantageous.