|Location||Bahar Dar, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 19, 2020|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Overall Objectives for the Job
Assist in planning, directing and coordinating human resources management and contract related activities of Raval Steel Manufacturing PLC to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as Consultants/contractors, full time and part-time employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance and contract compliance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in providing advice and support to Administration and Finance and the Chief Executive Officer on human resources related matters,
- Assist in preparing HR reports (annual leaves, performance evaluations & benefits packages) periodically,
- Assist identifying the upcoming full time and part-time vacancies in coordination with the HR & Contract manager,
- Participate in the whole recruitment activity including vacancy announcements, shortlisting, interviewing, reference checkup, job offer, and induction orientation,
- Assist in determining and recommendation of benefits and entitlements for staff on the basis of contractual status,
- Assist in administering and controlling entitlements of contractors, part-time and full-time staffs,
- Assist in providing advice to the HR & contract manager on interpretation and application of policies, regulations and rules and regulations in Ethiopia,
- Support in developing HR planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements in terms of numbers and skill levels;
- Assist the HR & contract manager in reviewing policies, procedures and recommend changes as required,
- Provide support in designing, planning, monitoring and delivering induction orientation and briefing to a new staff member
- Assist in ensuring all contracts, terms & conditions, job descriptions for staff are issued and are in compliance with the local laws
- Assist in ensuring the personnel policy is understood by respective staff
- Travel to Raval operational sites and regions to assist the training of contractors and sub awardees in financial management and administration and to perform financial/compliance reviews of projects,
- Assist in updating each contract ledger on a monthly basis and present the status to management and users
- Assist in annual budget preparation and review program department budgets and performance targets;
- Assist in examining contract related vouchers and other supporting documents before payment is affected.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or any other related field is required,
- At least 5 years of professional experience.
- Language Qualifications _ Excellent oral and written English & Amharic language is required,
- Ability to build relationships with a large diverse group of teams,
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.