|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 30, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Abebech Gobena Yehetsanat Kebekabena Limat Mahiber (AGOHELMA) is a not-for-profit, child centered charity Association. The Association was founded in 1980, during severe drought in the country, by philanthropic Dr. Abebech Gobena. To break the cycle that creates children without parental care and children living in vulnerable circumstances, our programs now go beyond and include multifaceted holistic activities like mother and child healthcare; HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support including voluntary counseling and testing (VCT); community based RH/FP; supplementary feeding; formal and non-formal education; vocational education training; women empowerment; and many more. Through these programs we have changed the lives of thousands of people.
We would now like to invite competent and vibrant candidates to apply for the position of Deputy Program Director.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that programs, procedures and standards for the Organization, implementation and operations of different programs run by AGOHELMA’s projects are executed to the required level;
- Studies, prepares policies, procedures and standards for the Organization and implementation of and integrated community development programs targeting child abandonment and submits for approval of AGOHELMA’s Management;
- Follows up and ensures that AGOHELMA's community development program projects are supported with the necessary manpower, operational systems, facilities, equipment and materials as per approved plan and budget;
- Studies and submits for approval the establishment of new community development projects and expansion of existing ones;
- Provides assistance and guidance to solve problems faced by branch offices in the execution of childcare and integrated community development programs; passes major issues to the Director;
- Fosters good relationship and maintains close cooperation with local government authorities, recognized community leadership, funding agencies, like-minded groups, Organization’s and/or institutions operating with the local community, who share the Organization vision, as well as those who provide complementary services;
- Provides guidance and directions to integrated community development programs, family strengthening program, outreach health care, family planning and educational programs;
- Builds a strong network with partners and funding organizations;
- Carries out baseline and feasibility and new program study or up-dates existing information for starting integrated community development programs in a particular community, ensuring participation of key stakeholders;
- Identifies key stakeholders including the local government, community-based partners and program participants and ensures their active participation in the program design and implementation putting a particular emphasis on child care and support;
- Draws up initial action plan based on the findings from the feasibility study, followed by annual plans with concrete program activities based on the analysis findings and in line with the Organization’s mission, polices, strategic priorities and available resources;
- Continuously studies and identifies local and international program funding sources and apply for grants and program financing;
- Leads the implementation of program activities with partners according to the objectives, actions and time frames outlined in the annual plan and joint action plan and endures that the program is operated in accordance with the Organization’s policies and procedures;
- Ensures that a proper program intake process for children and their families is implemented through an initial assessment process and the systematic prioritization of cases in collaboration with key stakeholders involved in the management/coordination of the program;
- Coordinates the development of a comprehensive program service package according to the findings in the initial assessment, capacity-building of all participating families towards self-reliance is supported through the implementation of a family development planning process;
- Supports capacity
- building of program implementation partners (can be community-based Organization’s or structures, self-help group, local NGOs or local authorities) to ensure the long-term sustainability of service delivery and ongoing development of the program in future;
- Puts in place effective monitoring and evaluation plans, standards and systems, on the basis of the program requirements, as a basis for ongoing monitoring, self-evaluation and external impact evaluation. These tools shall facilitate both quantitative and qualitative evaluation, using participatory approaches;
- Provides the Director with regular up-dates on program activities and results, including regular written reports on a monthly/ quarterly basis as required;
- Represents the program as well as the effective planning and execution of childcare and integrated community development programs;
- Directs, coordinates and executes the study and establishment of micro projects;
- Directs, coordinates and handles the follow-up of health care, production, education and training program;
- Performs other functions as required.
Level : Managerial
Terms of Employment: Indefinite
Immediate Supervisor : Executive Director
- MA/BA/MSC/BSC Degree in Sociology, Social work, Economics, Management, Business Administration or related studies from recognized University.
- 10 years for MA/MSC and 12 years for BA/BSC, of which 5 years must be in managerial position.
- Excellent managerial, interpersonal relation and computer skills, English language proficiency, both written and spoken, and team work capability.