WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 11, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Deputy Project Manager responsibilities:
- Ensure effective management of the RAYEE project operations and executions in Amhara, Tigray, Oromia, and Dire Dawa regions/clusters (this could be changed as needed).
- Facilitate establishing of RAYEE partnership with relevant government/public and private stakeholders at various levels to promote an enabling and participative environment for RAYEE project implementation.
- Guide the project set-up, including developing of work and respective budget plans of the assigned regions/clusters.
- Initiate team building and participatory working culture among cluster teams as well as national technical staff.
- Lead and coordinate the team to standardize the provision of training and training materials preparation and distribution.
- Work closely with the Project manager and MEL advisor in monitoring performance of the field activities to ensure all milestones set in the annual work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks, and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans.
- Guide knowledge development, documentation, and communication in close collaboration with the PM and SMEL Advisor for the assigned regions /clusters;
- Ensure timely submission of regional annual plan and quarterly reports to the respective regional and other level government offices
- Line-manage the project team at region and cluster levels (in Amhara, Oromia, Tigray Regions as well as Dire Dawa Administration) according to SNV procedures and regulations. This includes performance review (PAR) and objective setting (PRDP), approval of team members’ travel plans, timesheets, provision for annual and compensation leave, and other organizational line-management requirements.
- Review and approve travels and activities expenses of cluster staff within the approval limit.
Youth Enterprise Development responsibilities:
- Lead and advise on the overall business opportunities, value chain, and agribusiness activities of RAYEE project that will create employment for young women and men.
- Closely work (plan and execute) with the Senior Youth Enterprise Development Advisor
- Lead identification of potential value chains and agribusinesses and mainly in the agriculture sector and analyze respective opportunities for youth employment
- Develop strategies/approaches for identification and analysis of potential value chains and agribusinesses in the targeted clusters/woredas/towns that will generate large employment opportunities for young women and men.
- Develop capacity-building manual and guidelines and involved in building the project staff and partners capacity in youth-led Micro and Small Enterprise development approaches (VC and agribusiness selection and development, how to facilitate market linkage platforms, etc.)
- Facilitate effective linkage/partnership to SNV projects in the three sectors to leverage youth employment
- Facilitate private sector/market linkage to ensure the sustainability of the MSEs engaged in the selected agribusinesses
- Work with the wage employment team members to identify possibilities for establishing out-grower schemes/micro franchising opportunities for MSEs with the private sector in the agro-industrial parks.
- Identify opportunities and challenges for women engagement in the selected Agribusinesses and develop a strategy for maximizing young women’s participation and benefit (in collaboration with the gender advisor and other team members.
- Facilitate the strengthening of value chains with the potential to create employment opportunities for a large number of youths.
- As the project management team member ensure the quality and implementation of the project effectively and efficiently.
- Accomplish other activities as assigned.
- Master’s degree or equivalent and documented education and training in relevant disciplines – such as agribusiness, marketing, value chain development, Economics, Agricultural Economics, organizational development, business development, labor markets, or a related field of study – appropriate for a market-based approach to employment and gender in different social contexts