|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 27, 2021|
|Category|| Consultancy |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) is a non-profit women's advocacy group founded by Ethiopian women lawyers. It began its work in 1996 after being registered in 1995. It has been re-registered as a charitable organization by the Charities and Societies Agency in 2010 as per the Charities and Societies Proclamation. EWLA’s mission is promoting the economic, political, social and legal rights of women and to that end assist them to secure full protection of their rights under the Constitution of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and other international human rights conventions.
Therefore, as part of its mission and vision EWLA is a grantee of USAID Feteh Activity Ethiopia and implementing a six month grant called Enhancing Women Engagement to Enable Gender Responsive Judicial and Legal Reforms. The General Objective of this grant is to protect women from denial and violation of their rights through initiating for justice and legal reform to ensure laws better reflect women’s protection and enhance access to justice efficiently. This grant is Implemented in Adama (Oromia region), Bahir Dar (Amhara region), Awassa (SNNPRS), Assosa (Benshangul/ Gumuz Region), Gambela (Gambel region), Semera ( Afar ), Jijiga ( Somali ) and Addis Ababa .
Basic citizen rights are basic rights that belong to all humans. They embody key values in our society such as fairness, dignity, equality, and respect. They are an important means of protection for all people, especially those who (Women and girls) may face abuse, neglect, and isolation. There are women and girls who are living in fear, harassment, or discrimination. Women and girls should know about the basic citizen rights. This will enable them to exercise their rights and to act accordingly. They don’t need to be victimized just because they don’t know and are not informed about it. Therefore, EWLA would like to develop a content on basic citizens’ rights which can inform and empower women and girls so that they will be protected from denial and violation of their rights.
To develop a content on Citizens' Rights and Responsibilities. It will enlighten people about the rights and responsibilities of Citizens under the Ethiopian Constitution. It will embody key values in our society such as fairness, dignity, equality, and respect. And it will serve to protect women and girls from denial and violation of their rights.
- Explain rights of citizens.
- Describe duties of citizens.
- State differences between rights and duties of citizens.
- Empower women and girls to tackle prejudice, improve relationships and make the most of their lives.
- To enable women and girls, understand how they should be treated, and how they should treat others.
- To instil women and girls with these positive and open-minded attitudes.
Scope of Work
The Consultant will provide the materials to execute the items and deliverables as described in this ToR. The Consultant is expected to lead the assignment, bringing in expertise on Citizens' Rights and Responsibilities. The consultant will also ensure that the content is developed under this assignment is in line with the specific needs of the targeted audiences. The work shall be carried out under the supervision and in close consultation and cooperation with EWLA representative.
- Prepare/develop content outline on basic citizen rights.
- Produce content based on agreed outline.
- Deliver the content for comments and feedbacks.
The content development work should be finalized and delivered within a one-month time frame. The consultant should bring the detail work plan as part of inception report
- Consultants should have at least BA degree in disciplines relevant to the assignment, such as, Law, Civics, History, and other relevant studies
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English, and Amharic.
Company Legal Requirements: Interested applicants should submit:
- Valid Certificate of Consultancy Service
- Valid Trading License
- Valid Tax Registration Certificate (indicating TIN and VAT Number)
- Full and accurate physical, postal, telephone and email addresses
- Letter of Application
- Comprehensive technical and financial proposal
- Reference/certificates of good completion proving that the consultants have carried out similar assignments.
- Updated CVs for the team of consultants
Interested applicants should submit separate technical and financial proposals and other documents in the application procedure section of this TOR in two sealed envelopes through the following address
EWLA Head Office- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org