|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 14, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Position Reports To: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) advisor
- Position Supervised: None
Responsibilities (include Leadership, Business Development, and Knowledge Management) All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above.
- Actively participate in the business development process.
- Actively participate in the knowledge sharing and transfer process.
- Make responsible decisions that result in both time and cost containment.
Major roles: Systems development
- Provide technical support for defining standard processes for supporting country office to build and monitor mobile applications and data dashboard specifications.
- Provide technical guidance and support to develop specifications for building and/or configuring applications (ODK, CommCare, SMS applications, DHIS2), dashboards and other technology based solutions
- Provide technical analysis and recommendations for mobile platforms that are appropriate to Jhpiego projects
- Develop mobile/web/desktop based applications to data collection, analysis, visualization and use related to Jhpiego program activities, outputs and outcomes
- Liaise with technology partners, digital health team at the head quarter, and country office staff to review specifications, workflows and code for applications and dashboard development.
- Keep up to date with latest industry trends and to recommend the appropriate new technology solutions for low and middle income systems.
- Provide guidance on how Jhpiego can support approaches that consider interoperability and data standards at national and global levels
- Introduce business intelligence tools for interoperability of data systems to make data aggregation and visualization faster
- Lead the development and use of Data visualization tools, Digital data tracking mechanisms, and dashboards to facilitate learning among technical staff and supported institutions
- Build capacity of government stakeholders with digital solutions including data aggregation and visualization
- Maintain the web based data management system and incorporate additional features based on emerging needs of programs
- Support ministry of health and Ron data base system management of health workers for in-service training sites
- Participate in innovative mobile health (mhealth) implementation programs
- Develop data entry template to enter rigorous research data and supervise data entry personnel;
- Help develop scope of work, system design documents and other related documents that may assist in the development of any technological related outputs for Jhpiego Ethiopia programs
- Participate in technical forums related to electronic database and electronic application development for government stakeholders (ministry of health, ministry of education etc) that Jhpiego supports
- Develop and manage training data management database
- Manage project related data with JEIS including activity tracking dashboard
- Provide training on JEIS and any other database application systems for all regional M&E officers across Ethiopia
- Provide need based reports for all Jhpiego staff members from any of Jhpiego database systems.
- Enter program accomplishment data into other Jhpiego database (such as JADE and S-BMR, JEIS) under the guidance of supervisor;
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Locate and identify potential problems with databases and report to relevant manager;
- Assist MER team in identifying problems in data collection, data management and quality
- Work with data management applications such as MySQL, and querying languages such as SQL to quickly generate reports and provide input for technical staff.
- Conduct function/non-function test on application
- Evaluate existing application to reprogram, update and add new features
- Write documentation for systems developed/designed
Education & Qualifications:
- B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, MIS and Other related fields with computer science as minor; MSc degree in computer science is an advantage.
- Five to six years of directly relevant experience in webpage/mobile application development and database management;
- Fluency in English and Amharic.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Competency in programing PHP, C#, Node, MySQL, Java Script HTML, CSS and SQL
- Understanding of Model-View-View Model (MVVM) pattern with Knockout JS or Angular JS, HTML 5 and CSS / with knowledge of Twitter Bootstrap is an advantage
- Fluency in database design and management/ MYSQL, SQL and others/;
- Knowledge in data collection applications such as Open data kit (ODK), EPINFO, CommCare and RedCap
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multi-disciplinary team setup;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to maintain high data quality;
- Flexible and ability to work under pressure;
- Demonstrable experience in database management and web based system development.