|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 10, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Full-time |
This position is subject to grant award and funding
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in over 40 countries worldwide. In addition to TB control, KNCV is active in the field of Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and COVID-19 prevention and control.
We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices worldwide). KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
Declared a public health emergency and pandemic in March 2021, the COVID-19 has since infected over 184 million people worldwide and caused nearly 4 million deaths so far. Critical gaps remain in various countries in terms of tools to better limit transmission and address treatment and care to avoid mortality due to COVID-19. While vaccinations have been available for over 6 months now, many countries are lagging in their vaccination efforts and access which makes equitable access to other commodities such as quality affordable diagnostics that can identify cases early as well as access to key commodities for care and treatment.
By accelerating access to diagnostic and therapeutic interventions within existing health systems leading to improved uptake of effective COVID-19 test and treatment solutions within health care systems it is anticipated that the public health and economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is reduced.
KNCV is currently recruiting a Digital Health Officer for a project focusing on enhancing accelerated access to diagnostics, care and treatment innovation for COVID-19 that will be implemented in up to five countries including Ethiopia.
Purpose of the position and organizational position
The purpose of the position is to lead and coordinate activities related to the implementation of digital health solutions of the anticipated project in Ethiopia. These activities are aimed to improve utilization of digital health solutions to enable decentralized testing approaches, provide linkage to care for patients and provide communication channels for on-distance support and the provision of information at community level. The Digital Health Officer works closely together with the project team, the Department of Health (DOH), National stakeholders involved in COVID-19, project beneficiaries and other stakeholders to successfully implement the project. S/he reports to the Project Manager of the project in Ethiopia.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate the digital health activities of the project;
- Conduct a landscape analysis on the digital health environment and opportunities in Ethiopia;
- Support the selection of digital health tools in collaboration with KNCV Global and in-country stakeholders;
- Provide technical support to government and COVID-19 partners on implementation of digital health solutions;
- Support the monitoring and maintenance of digital health tools (software and hardware);
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s);
- Plan and facilitate trainings/workshops at relevant levels;
- Conduct regular district/health facility visits to provide supportive supervision;
- Prepare activity reports.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract until August 31, 2022;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Who are we looking for?
- Relevant degree in public health, digital health, ICT4D, computer science or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and/or managing digital health solutions (minimum of 3 years);
- Proven familiarity with in-country stakeholders active in the field of digital health solutions;
- Experience providing technology support and background in IT;
- Preferably with experience working on health-related projects;
- Experience in conducting training, capacity building;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
Application and information
Applicants must be eligible to work in Ethiopia. You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the link: www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies before 23 August 2021. If you have any questions on the position, please feel free to contact (+251) 116 63 01 46. For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please see www.kncvtbc.org.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website. Applications that are sent to recruit email account are not taken into consideration.