|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 16, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Who we are
Jakenn Publishing is the media company of the present and the future of Ethiopia. We bring our passion for reporting and independent journalism to tell the stories which matter in the Ethiopia today and the Ethiopia being shaped for tomorrow.
JaKenn is widely known for its flagship publication and web portal Addis Standard. Started as a magazine in 2011, Addis Standard has evolved into the digital platform of choice for breaking news, analysis, and spell-binding commentary about Ethiopia that establishes understanding of happenings beyond your eyes and ears. One of the most followed media brands in Ethiopia on twitter and a solid web presence that has a firm grip on Ethiopia’s rapid political, economic, and social transformation, Addis Standard provides consumers content worthy of their time and attention.
As a young and dynamic company, JaKenn embodies an emerging multicultural Ethiopia where people are valued for their contribution to the development of a democratic and prosperous country. We understand that this means listening to our consumers, employees, and stakeholders in all processes from product development to execution. We value diversity and make an honest effort at providing an inclusive work environment that supports growth, nurtures innovation, and embraces risk taking.
As part of its corporate strengthening efforts to grow its audience and potential customer base, JaKenn would like to hire a digital officer to implement all web, social media, and other platform curation and publishing plans of the company. This position reports to the Publishing Manager and will work with other members of the Editorial services team in a dynamic company. The position will also work with the Senior Marketing Officer to implement audience growth and client publishing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the focal person for digital publishing, the digital officer will
- Implement the digital editorial calendar and publishing plan according to the in-house style guidelines
- Manage the publishing of email newsletters and distribution lists by meeting pre-set KPIs
- Work with the Senior Marketing Officer and other colleagues in Editorial to ensure existing and new products adhere to brand, identity, look, and feel standards of the company
- Perform quality graphic design work for published work with reporters and editors
- Oversee the management of the company’s digital assets including website, social media accounts, applications, newsletters, content management systems, and domains
- Curate important and relevant content for digital publishing on websites, social media accounts, and newsletters
- Establish KPIs for the performance of platform, monitor progress, and provide inputs to both user growth and business development teams.
- A minimum of Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Business Information Systems, and/or related degrees that combine business and technology from a recognised University with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
Experience and skillset
- Five years experience working in a media and communications company in Ethiopia in digital marketing, operations, customer relationship, and/or product cycle development roles
- A technology buff who understands the value of content and its link to quality audience growth
- A strong eye for quality design and publishing
- A strong track record of setting and meeting pre-defined targets
- Excellent oral representation, writing, and reading skills in English, ability to communicate in more than one Ethiopian language strongly desired
- Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-growing company and provide solutions to these growing pains
- Ability to think strategically and execute with efficiency
- Ability to work cross-functionally with teams and negotiate constructively for the purpose of audience growth using evidence
- Ability to adapt to and perform well in a multicultural setting composed of people from different backgrounds and strong opinions
Kindly prepare your updated CV and cover letter in one file and send an email to HR@addisstandard.com using format “reference number- [Firstname] [Secondname]” as the subject line