|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 25, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
BACKGROUND TO THE ORGANIZATION
Give Hope Ethiopia is established with a vision of seeing a country where all children grow and realize their full potential. Give Hope Ethiopia envisions community capacity building and transformation by providing support to children to release them from economic, social, and physical poverty and facilitating a favorable environment to help them grow up to their potential and become responsible and fulfilled adults through local and international resource mobilization promoting child-sponsorship and creation of self-sustainable businesses for women. Give Hope Ethiopia is currently operating in Yeka sub-city of Addis Ababa and Legetafo Legedadi Woreda of Oromia regional state.
The Director is the key management leader of Give Hope Ethiopia (GHE). He/she is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors (BoD).
Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission. This includes leading GHE in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the BoD and communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization. Responsibilities include the fiscal integrity of GHE to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and quarterly financial reports, fiscal management ensuring operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position, and fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support GHE’s mission.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach. This includes implementation of GHE’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission, strategic planning to ensure that GHE can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future, and the enhancement of GHE’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations, promotion of child-sponsorship and women economic empowerment.
Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate including effective administration of GHE operations, hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff; and signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and operation of annual budget
- Mobilization of resource through grant application, child and women sponsorship promotion, and other legal means
- Ensure smooth and timely communication with sponsors and donors
- Serving as spokesperson to the organization’s stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance GHE’s Mission
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors (and the General Assembly where appropriate) and to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization in and outside of the country
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff
- Strategic planning, implementation, and reporting to donors and government bodies
- Facilitate organization General Assembly, Board, and committee meetings
- Develop proposals for funding, lead marketing and other communications efforts
- Review and approve contracts for services
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Budget management skills: budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities: planning, delegating, program development & task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of GHE’s strategic future to staff, board, donors & the public
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to NGO sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills and strong public speaking skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
Reports To: The Board of Directors
- A Masters Degree in social sciences or related fields; five or more years management experience – preferably in NGO context.
- Passionate about the plight of children and women in need
- Attention to details
- Strong communication skills
- Age 45 and below
- Gender: both men and women candidates with the required skill and experience will be encouraged