|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 1, 2020|
|Category|| Banking |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Director, IT Infrastructure & System Support Department provides the vision and leadership for designing, developing and implementing IS initiatives that create customer and/or business value. Responsibilities include influencing and directing the Bank’s IS infrastructure and support to ensure key business strategies and processes are driven by systems that enable change and growth in line with the corporate strategy.
Key Performance Areas and Activities:
- Participate in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of IT Department’s strategic plan taking in to consideration the Bank’s strategy. Develop a network architectural framework that is applicable throughout the Bank.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships at regional and global level within the IT community to ensure maximum leveraging of resources to support local infrastructure requirements.
- Ensure integration of processes to maintain and develop the required services to support and improve effectiveness of the core activities.
- Analyse network needs and contribute to design of network architecture, integration and installation.
- Reviews network configuration and plans cost-effective upgrades to keep up with changing technology, growth of bank, and needs of banks components.
- Monitor system performance of the core network, routers and WAN links to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Develop and maintain computing Infrastructure of DC and DR Facilities.
- Oversee the operations of both primary and secondary/DR data centers.
- Oversee specifications for hardware, telecommunications equipment, ATMs, POS and their related software, and participate in selection.
- In collaboration with the continuity team, develop, test and continuously review a comprehensive disaster recovery framework and architecture for the Bank’s hardware and support systems.
- Provide sound and effective technical expertise in the domain of IT architecture services to the Bank’s management.
- Provide inputs on enterprise architecture design, definition and coordination of standards, project management, and technology research.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information System, Software Engineering or any other equivalent field.
- Professional ICT qualifications such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), CCNS or other equivalent and recognized qualifications
- Master’s degree in Information Technology related field
Required Work Experience:
- At least 12 years of relevant experience of which 5 years in Leadership Level.
Interested applicants should submit their CVs and non-returnable Supporting documents in person to NIB International Bank HRM Department (Dembel City Center 5th Floor) or Mail to:
P.O. Box 2439
Tel. 011-5 503288
NIB International Bank