|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 22, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
FDRE Land Bank Development Corporation (LBDC) is a newly established self-funded government enterprise tasked with creating a methodical and inclusive national landholding development, management and administration system for maximization of socio-economic gains.
LonAdd Consultancy Plc. is recruiting highly qualified professionals for this position on behalf of FDRE Land Bank Development Corporation (LBDC).
Purpose and reporting of this role
The Director of Business Planning and Development reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the intake negotiations and assessment of property, the contract monitoring and negotiation of rehabilitation, demolition and field services contractors, and the planning and development of LBDC land, including remediation and redevelopment.
The Director of Business Planning and Development coordinates, implements, manages and supports the LBDC’s business acquisition, holding development, disposition, and redevelopment of distressed and unused properties. The Director assists in the annual departmental budget preparation and is responsible for overseeing and documenting departmental expenditures within budget requirements.
The Director must be able to travel and to attend conferences, training, and other events as required to acquire and maintain proficiency in fulfilling the responsibilities of the position. The Director must be available to attend evening and weekend meetings in order to represent LBDC.
Objectives of this Role
- Managing both existing business pipeline and developing new business opportunities;
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships;
- Identify global Investment trends and , build a short/medium/long-term business pipeline in accordance with targets;
- Develop strategies and positions by analyzing new venture integration;
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, and delegate tasks that achieve strategic goals
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee strategic business and portfolio planning activities as well as deal identification, creation, and execution activities;
- Manage proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements, content creation, and inputs from various sources;
- Generate new leads, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select the deals in line with strategies, and lead and facilitate pitch logistics;
- Develop and implement overarching outbound business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; negotiate share prices for proactive bids and proposals
Experience and Educational Qualifications
- Master’s degree or above in business administration, management, Economics, land development and administration or any relevant field;
- 10+ years in corporate functions sector, business administration, marketing, business development and executive managerial experience with professional teams with 5+ years in management and supervisory role;
Skills and Competencies
- Deep knowledge and experience in negotiation specially in the international arena;
- Deep knowledge of Ethiopian real estate, land development policy with an international experience preferred;
- Successful track record in corporate level B2B relations and negotiation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Working experience with business techniques;
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting;
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources;
- Experience with budget and corporate business plan development;
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity;
- Experience with CRM software (i.e., Sales force);
- Ability to deliver presentations;
- Attention to Detail – position requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks;
- Dependability – position requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Persistence – position requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Stress Tolerance – position requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations;
- Initiative – position requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – position requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Leadership – position requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Analytical Thinking – position requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Integrity –Position requires being honest and ethical.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, Service demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Fluency in English and Amharic are required
- Additional national and international language skill is advantageous
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to LBDCjobs@lonadd.com , by putting the Position Name (Director of Business Planning and Development) in the subject box.
For more information on the details of the positions, call 0115 505141 or 0115 588181 or check on our website www.lonadd.com
Application deadline: August 4th, 2020
Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.