|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 22, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
FDRE Land Bank Development Corporation (LBDC) is a newly established self-funded government enterprise tasked with creating a methodical and inclusive national landholding development, management and administration system for maximization of socio-economic gains.
LonAdd Consultancy Plc. is recruiting highly qualified professionals for this position on behalf of FDRE Land Bank Development Corporation (LBDC).
Purpose and reporting of this role
The Director of Operations reports to the Chief Executive Officer and assists the Chief Executive Officer in all aspects of the management and operations of the LBDC. The Director of Operations works closely with the Chief Executive Officer in the overall formation and development and implementation of the LBDC’s mission and policies.
The Operations Director will oversee and make recommendations regarding LBDC financial and administrative policies, procedures, and staffing structure. The Operations Director will work closely with the CEO to ensure compliance of policies and corporate administration to international standards, and is responsible for making recommendations to the CEO regarding the hiring and termination of staff, Corporate Financial Management and administration, and overall corporation process.
Objectives of this role
- Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans;
- Responsible for the set-up and administrative process of LBDC’s corporate financial system.
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration;
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity;
- Work with project managers in the development of financial and budgetary plans;
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee corporate functions, including HR, Finance, Procurement and Supply, Legal (international contract administration and management), Office management, and Office security among others;
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives;
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, stakeholders and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals;
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks;
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs enterprise-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs;
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed;
- Work closely with human resources analyst to lead team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment;
- Support preparation of all internal reports, and preparation with department leaders to the Board and stakeholders;
- Support the success of LBDC by filling any gap in action.
Experience and Educational Qualifications
- Master’s degree or above in business administration, Corporate Finance, ACCA Accredited, management or any relevant field;
- 10+ years in corporate functions sector, business administration, operational management and executive managerial experience with professional teams with 5+ years in management and supervisory role;
Skills and Competencies
- Deep knowledge of institutional building;
- Extensive knowledge in equity financing and share.
- Knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, and employee management;
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity;
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands;
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines;
- Strong Project management knowledge and experience;
- Experience with budget and business plan development;
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success;
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software (e.g., SAP, ERP, CRM);
- Ability to function autonomously, yet effective as a member of a coordinated team;
- Excellent proofreading/editing skills; familiarity with diplomatic protocol,
- Attention to Detail – position requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks;
- Dependability – position requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Persistence – position requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Stress Tolerance – position requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations;
- Initiative – position requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – position requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Leadership – position requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Analytical Thinking – position requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Integrity –Position requires being honest and ethical.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Operations Analysis - Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling,
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Fluency in English and Amharic are required
- Additional national and international language skill is advantageous
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to LBDCjobs@lonadd.com , by putting the Position Name (Director of Operations) in the subject box.
For more information on the details of the positions, call 0115 505141 or 0115 588181 or check on our website www.lonadd.com
Application deadline: August 4th , 2020
Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.