|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 30, 2019|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency
Position: Director – Planning, Reporting and Special Projects
– Term of Employment: One year with possibility of extension
– Duty Station (s): Addis Ababa
– Required Number: One
– Salary & Benefits: Competitive
– Application Deadline: January 05, 2020
• Manage the planning & reporting and special project teams of the organization.
• Spearhead the planning and reporting process for the organization including supporting the planning and reporting team in managing the organization’s annual planning process, periodical reporting requirements, Implementation Management Platform, and other strategic planning and reporting activities.
• Oversee planning and execution of 2-5 diverse, high-impact special projects at a time, while ensuring effective partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide guidance and steering to Planning Manager, Case Team Leader, Project Officers and Analysts, on both project work and professional development through weekly case team meetings and 1-on-1 coaching and mentoring.
• Ensure the analytical rigor, practicality and quality of output across all projects, oversee and Identify stakeholder sensitivities and guide the project team in managing these effectively
• Coordinate and support teams in internal and external engagements such as incommittee works, interviews and workshops, and other assignments with more senior stakeholders.
• Manage broader team management activities, such as staffing, performance management, design and delivery of training and professional development programs, and knowledge management.
• Provide executive management support to the CEO, Senior Director of the CEO’s Office and other Senior Management team members, as and when required.
• Master’s or PhD Degree in Economics, Management or other relevant field of study, obtained from recognized University.
• At least 10 years of experience for master’s degree and 8 years for PhD in highly competitive professional sectors such as agribusinesses, agriculture, consulting, international development, with 1 to 2 years completed at a managerial level preferably within a top-tier management consulting or professional services firm or equivalent role. International work experience is preferred.
• Significant experience leading and coordinating organizational plan and managing projects in a range of senior management engagements.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to effectively liaise with senior decision-makers.
• Exceptional ability to coordinate and communicate clearly and effectively with a range of stakeholders in a cross-cultural environment (fluency in English is essential).
• Highly collaborative leadership style and demonstrated success in leading, managing and developing high-performance teams.
• Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service.
Education Level : Master’s
Experience : 10-15 years
City : Addis Ababa
State : Addis Ababa
Country : Ethiopia
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et • It is mandatory to mention the position title in the subject line of your application email • Please DO NOT submit scans of educational and experience certificates with your application. • Women are highly encouraged to apply. • Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.