|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 2, 2023|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Director, Resource Development provides leadership, strategic direction, oversight, coordination and priority setting in the development and implementation of the WV Ethiopia Resource Development Strategy and in the acquisition of new government, multilateral, foundation and private non-sponsorship resources to enable World Vision Ethiopia to increase its contributions to child well-being and National Office (NO) strategic objectives through increased revenue in priority sectors. The Director, Resource Development ensures resource diversification, strengthened donor networking, and improved resource acquisition capabilities for World Vision Ethiopia. Reporting to the Senior Director of Engagement & Impact, the position holder will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of grant acquisition processes, leading in pre-positioning, proposal development and donor liaison, track grants acquisition performance metrics and ensure enhanced capacity of Ethiopian staff in resource acquisition. The Director, Resource Development is expected to communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and to demonstrate a quality of spiritual life and leadership behavior that is an example to others.
|· Lead the processes of resource mobilization and donor engagement to execute WV Ethiopia’s resource acquisition strategy.|
· Ensure that the Annual Resource Development Grant Acquisition Business Plan and targets are set in line with the WV Ethiopia program strategy.
· Manage and support proposal writing, forming consortia and follow up with donors to ensure complete and smooth awards transition to teams who implement the programs.
· Spearhead proposal development efforts ensuring efficient coordination with teams and submission of high-quality grant proposals.
· Ensure that the proposal development and related processes include standardized approaches for budget, procurement and personnel planning and monitoring.
· Ensure that the grant acquisition and management systems effectively standardize processes for identifying and establishing priority sectors and opportunities, assessing risk and managing project cycle.
· Ensure that Resource Development is supported by enabling information management systems, business analytics and data driven decision-making.
· Ensure program and finance staff develop, analyze, revise, amend, review and support negotiations of contract documents, including, grants, cooperative agreements and sub awards and contracts.
· Work with department leadership to improve award management systems, policies, procedures, and knowledge management (proposals, budgets, capacity statements and related award documents)
· Take part in monitoring progress against milestones and objectives and reporting overall progress.
· Manage relationships with key donors and stakeholders.
· Maintain and strengthen donor relationships at country level, developing engagement strategies for each donor or a group of donors, using previous success and documented best practices in grant management.
· Manage planning of events and development of Capacity Statements (CS) and other promotional materials
· Lead the development and coordination of WV Ethiopia Donor Cultivation Plans.
· Ensure donors are kept informed of notable events and achievements and receive appropriate recognition of their role.
· Support the development of strategic funding relationships with key government and multilateral donors, liaising with colleagues at the regional office and SO’s.
· Identify and cultivate relations with strategic implementing partners for prospective consortium.
· Maintain the donor database in place to ensure it is an up-to-date and dynamic document.
|· Support internal partners (e.g., Operations, HEA, Finance Units) in ensuring key contractual obligations with donors are effectively met such as ensuring timely submission of reports that meet or exceed donor expectations.|
· Oversee the establishment of a comprehensive awards and grants portfolio knowledge management (KM) system (in collaboration with relevant stakeholders) including compliance with the Horizon MIS.
· Monitor and maintain the proposal pipeline and generate quarterly reports for management’s strategic decisions.
· In collaboration with the communications team, engage in development of communication materials to support fundraising efforts.
· Support innovative programme development efforts.
· Oversee the development of centralized documentation system for all grant submissions, tools, reports and other materials
· Ensure quality of team reporting (MMR, Proposal Tracker, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
List education, knowledge & skills, licenses preferred, and all experiences required to perform this position in a fully competent manner.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
|List academic requirements (if applicable), technical skills, or other knowledge required as a minimum qualification for this position.|
· A minimum of a BSc. in a relevant field (e.g., development studies; business administration; social science disciplines). Master’s degree is preferred.
· Postgraduate qualifications or relevant technical/vocational studies and technical training (e.g. Grant Management, Project cycle management, etc.)
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
If applicable, include language requirement(s) as a minimum qualification for this position.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
|List academic requirements, technical skills or other knowledge preferred for this position.|
|· Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders.|
· Team management, coaching for performance and staff development.
· Experience in strategic thinking and planning skills, able to set priorities, prepare manageable work plans and to evaluate progress.
· Ability to provide support and training to staff and partners on donor requirements.
· Basic financial awareness, with the ability to support budget development.
· Strong partnership and networking skills.
· Leadership: proven ability to build trust and relationships to work productively, motivate and inspire teamwork even without line management authority.
· Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and detail orientation, even under time pressure.
· Positive attitude and willingness to learn and work in a context of people with various ethnic and religious backgrounds.
· Understanding of World Vision’s standards and commitment to World Vision’s core values and mission statement, including participation in regular devotions. Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
· Knowledge of and adherence to Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
· Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet) required.
· Willing and able to travel within and outside the country for work assignments and/or to attend national, regional and partnership-wide meetings and events.
· A mature and committed Christian.
· Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement.
· Perform other duties as required.