|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Duty station: Addis Ababa (Head Office)
VisionFund Micro Finance Institution S.C. is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. VisionFund is currently operating in five of the Regional States of the country through more than 91 branches. VF MFI now seek to fill the following position.
About the Job
VF MFI is seeking to hire Director, Strategy and Marketing Department to be based in Addis Ababa. She/he/will be responsible to provide overall leadership and direction for the strategic implementation of a comprehensive program of Strategy and Marketing for ensuring strategy development, partnership with third parties, livelihood development, planning, monitoring and evaluation, research, marketing, feasibility studies, business development and promotional activities of the Institution.
Tasks and responsibilities:
· Planning, directing, organizing, coordinating, controlling strategy development, partnership, livelihood development, marketing and business development activities of the Institution;
· Coordinating the preparation, compilation, consolidation and implementation of the strategic and annual plans;
· Developing and maintaining good and productive working relationship with different partners and government representatives/institutions to enhance resource mobilization and integration.
· Directing and monitoring the livelihood development and integration activities of the institution; ensuring the maintenance of close cooperation with partners of livelihood development;
· Undertaking monitoring and evaluation and preparing periodic corporate performance reports;
· Conducting feasibility studies for the Institution’s business development, branch expansion and providing study information that assist strategic directions setting;
· Coordinating marketing research on time series data on the micro-finance sector and other macro and micro economic issues including interest rates;
· Conducting survey on customer satisfaction periodically; analyzing the survey results and preparing and submitting reports to the management of the Institution;
· Developing proposals for acquiring loan-able funds;
· Compiling statistical data on the micro-finance sector and activities of the Institution;
· Initiating and leading the conduct of market studies including determination of branch locations;
· Carrying out strategic analysis, identifying risks and opportunities in the environment and developing recommendations for consideration by the management of the Institution;
· Participating in workshops, seminars, exhibitions and related public gatherings and whenever possible using the forum to promote the image of the Institution;
· Preparing and communicating through media promotional and related materials for public consumption;
· Preparing periodic reports on the business environment including the micro-finance industry to update awareness of management and other organs of the Institution;
· Directing and participating in the design of marketing strategies for introducing and marketing new products.
· Participating in the development of customer service standards and ensuring their uniform and proper implementation;
· Ensuring the quality and timely preparation of annual reports, brochures, and leaflets of the Institution; and
· Coordinating the business relation and promotional activities of the Institution
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
§ Ability to provide leadership, communicate effectively, and promote a team approach to enhance staff commitment to successfully implement the Company’s strategic plan;
§ Demonstrated technical and managerial ability, sound judgment, ability to interact and work effectively with others at all levels;
§ Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team;
§ Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of rectitude
§ Proficiency in Microsoft office applications;
§ Good knowledge in economic topics;
§ Very good communication and marketing skills
Qualification, Skill and Experience:
§ MA/BA Degree in Marketing, Economic, Business Administration, Banking and Finance, Management or related.
8/10 years of relevant experience respectively, out of which 4 years in managerial position
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply!
Candidates who fulfill the above requirements can send only application letter, updated curriculum vitae (not more than 4 pages) with names and addresses of up to 3 references and non-returnable copies of credentials to VFE_vacancy@wvi.org. Please make sure you mention the position ‘Director, Strategy and Marketing Department’ in the subject line of your email application.
Note: - Only short listed candidates will be contacted for subsequent assessment