|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2021|
|Category|| Pharmacy |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches and 599 Woreda Red Cross Committees and 5871 Kebele Red Cross Committees.
Reporting to: Pharmacy Head
Key Performance Areas
- Codifies and prepares a list of medicines and medical supplies available in the outlet;
- Sorts, classifies, labels and shelves medicines and medical supplies of the outlet ;
- Dispenses medicines and medical supplies according to prescriptions;
- Preserves drug stock of the outlet against deterioration;
- Keeps dispensed prescriptions documented and preserved;
- Weights and measures drugs and fills bottles or other containers according to instructions of superior;
- Prepares and affixes labels with instructions for administering the medicines and medical supplies
- Keeps prescriptions and special medicines locked;
- Performs various clerical activities relating to medicines and medical supplies dispensing;
- Preserves temperature sensitive medicines and medical supplies in a refrigerator and regularly takes temperature measures of the same;
- Advises the users on how to take or apply the medicines and medical supplies;
- Handles the outlet and controls the stock position by bin cards;
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities of the job as assigned by the Pharmacy Head.
- Willing to give voluntary service to the society with his/her own initiative.
- First Degree in Pharmacy and
- Health Professionals Licensing Certificate and 0 year experience.
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to email@example.com before the closing date of this announcement on July 01, 2021.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.