|Location||Somali, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 31, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
International Development Enterprises (iDE) is an international NGO dedicated to creating income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households of Ethiopia through various projects implemented in different parts of the country.
Currently iDE is preparing to launch implementation a project known as– “Pastoral Areas Resilience Activity (PARA), which is aligned to USAID/Ethiopia’s newly approved five years Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). PARA aims to improve resilience that enhances food security and inclusive economic growth in pastoralist regions of Ethiopia. This project will be implemented in Oromia, SNNP and Somali Regional States of Ethiopia. iDE is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced personnel for the positions specified hereunder. Hence, interested applicants who meet the specified requirements are invited to apply for the job opportunity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall technical support to the Pastoralist and Agro-Pastoralist Resilience Activity (PARA) Project target woredas in the zone.
- Develop & facilitate clear pathways for market system development, expansion, and technology transfer under the Diversified Economic Opportunities component for PARA in the target zone.
- Identify and guide opportunities and constraints of the market system across all target woredas in the zone and link those back to diversified economic opportunities.
Duty Station :
- Dawa Zone (Somali Region - #1) and
- Borena and Guji Zones (Oromia Region – #1)
- BSc/BA in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Marketing Management, Business Administration, Agriculture Extension, Development, Agriculture or related fields (minimum) or
- MSc/MA in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Marketing Management, Business Administration, Agriculture Extension, Development, Agriculture or related fields (Desirable)
- For BSc/BA, a minimum of 4 years’ experience directly related to diversified economic opportunities, market system development, value chain development, M&E/Impact Assessment of development projects and/or agricultural research or
- For MSc/MA, a minimum of 2 years’ experience directly related to diversified economic opportunities, market system development, value chain development, M&E/Impact Assessment of development projects and/or agricultural research
- Tangible experience in income generating and job creation activities preferably in pastoralist and agro-pastoralist areas
- Experience in working with medium- large scale enterprises; private sectors, pertinent local government departments, banks, MFIs, mobile money, etc is preferable
- Experience in project management is desirable
- NGO experience is of a great advantage
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, excel, and internet basics
Interested applicants and only those meeting the above requirements are invited to send non-returnable copies of their applications; including: Letter of Application, CV, and Credentials to the following address:
International Development Enterprises (iDE)
P.O. Box 7892
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants must clearly indicate for which position and duty station they apply.
- iDE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.