|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 28, 2020|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job Title: Documentation Advisor
Position Type: Full-Time
Supervisor: Project Manager
Posting Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: August 7, 2020
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
JSI is implementing the five-year Digital Health Activity in Ethiopia, which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The purpose of this Activity is to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health services and create a sustainable health care system through the use of data for decision making, as well as to provide similar services to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia (as needed). The primary objectives of the Activity are to 1) support information technology systems and data repository at all levels; 2) build a culture of data use; and 3) improve capacity and governance of MOH health information systems management.
We are looking for a Documentation Advisor who will be responsible for storing data and records for document retrieval and archives. He/she will need to properly document business processes, software requirements gathered, training, deployment activities, data collection parameters, etc, which are used to standardize project deliverable, and can become legal documents to ensure company compliance to internal and external policies and procedures. The Documentation Advisor will ensure all that indicators needed to report on the MEL framework are properly documented and can be accessed in a timely manner. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the smooth running of activities and compliance with JSI policies and regulations.
Specific responsibilities of the Documentation Advisor will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Definition, documentation and review of ongoing process workflows.
- Preparation and production of new documentation for internal processes.
- Review of the existing documentation to confirm the described process is consistent with the process followed by the relevant parties.
- Organize the document management system structure and archiving.
- Communicating with Project Managers, developers, analysts, etc. to ensure that the processes are compliant and consistent with other departments’ practices.
- Preparing and reviewing end user documentation/instruction manuals, training materials and constantly update them with new features or system upgrades.
- Work closely with senior management to ensure overall documentation coordination.
- Monitor progress of documentation schedules, ensure timely updates and completion.
- Proactively manage periodic review process of the documentation to identify process gaps and the need for updates.
- Storage, cataloging and put in place a system that eases retrieval of documents.
- Document security, assigning access, and removing and destroying obsolete documents.
- Provide timely reports to the supervisor on activity status and issues.
- Occasional travel to user sites to assess performance of field support.
- Responsible for enforcing JSI's Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI's polices on fraud management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants for this position should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Computer Science, IT, Business Administration etc) is required.
- At least three years of experience working on process mapping, preparing instruction manuals or other related type of work.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication, impeccable spelling and grammar skills in English.
- Ability to write, structure and present effective process documents is required.
- Must have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in documentation.
- Experience working on the process of software development using agile methodology is a plus.
- Experience in leading architecture and design decisions while working on software development project is desired.
- Proficiency in project management tools (JIRA, Trello, Slack…) is required.
- Knowledge of/experience with the main existing electronic health information systems in use in Ethiopia (DHIS2, eCHIS, and EMR) is a plus.
- Knowledge of/experience with the Ethiopian Health Extension Program (HSTP, IRR and HMIS) is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams/units across the project and organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in Amharic and English required.
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D.
Interested and qualified applicants should follow the below instruction and apply through the online application form no later than August 7, 2020.
- Fill out the online application form using this form: Online Application Form. If you don’t fill the online application form, your application will not be considered.
- Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. If this is not included, your application will not be considered.
- Any application received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Application deadline: August 7, 2020.