|Date Posted||June 18, 2021|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
CLM – Climate Sensitive Innovations for Land Management
Since 2008, the Ethiopian government, namely the Ministry of Agriculture, operates the Sustainable Land Management (SLM) program to reverse land degradation and increase agricultural productivity in the highlands. The SLM initiative aims at reaching two million households in more than 7,000 micro-watersheds in Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, Gambella, Oromia, SNNP and Tigray.
GIZ provides technical assistance to this national flagship program since its inception, at national, regional and local levels. The new program module “Climate-Sensitive Innovations in Land Management” (CLM) will run from July 2021 to June 2024). It focuses on capacity development of SLM actors through policy and institutional advisory, field-level coaching and advisory services, training, networking, piloting field activities as well as research and communications.
Duration of contract: June 30, 2024
Application deadline: June 20,2021
Required Candidates: One
Place of Work: Gambella
Perform safe and responsible driving and ensure regularly servicing of vehicles
- Ensures transportation of project staff and official visitors
- Assists with transporting of goods and driving service for delivery of letters, documents etc.
- Completes logbook correctly and comprehensively according GIZ rules
- Uses all available sources for information on road conditions, especially for longer field trips
- Ensures regular cleaning of vehicles by contracted service provider
- Checks oil, water, brakes and clutch fluids on a daily basis, tyre pressure, battery water, ensures overall vehicle condition on a monthly basis or after 5 000 km
- Reports maintenance and repair needs to superior
- Serves all passengers in a friendly manner
- Does not use the vehicles for private purposes without permission by current GIZ authorization level
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Secondary school
- 3rd grade driving license
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience
- No history of major accidents within the last 5 years
- Good English and Amharic (or other languages) fluency, written and spoken
- Being familiar with the region, facility to orientate easily within the city
- Good communication skills
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Punctuality and patience
- · Appropriate appearance and manner
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number “Driver #089/2021” in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”