|Location||Ethiopia, Gambela, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2021|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Duty Station||Gambella , Ethiopia|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
Under the general supervision of the Head of sub office and the direct supervision of the Logistic/driver Assistant, the successful candidate shall be responsible to carry out duties related to the organization’s movement activities. He/she will be responsible for facilitating the sub-office light vehicles driving and assist in the logistics of the sub office in Gambella.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Drives office vehicles for transport of authorized personnel and delivery of mail, documents, and other items,
- To keep vehicle (s) under his/her responsibility in perfect order, as well as the control of periodic maintenance and to report any problems needing assistance/repair, To execute the jobs assigned by his supervisor with efficiency and safety,
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident,
- Perform daily vehicle check-up of oil, water, battery brakes, tires etc. and look vehicle cleanliness; keep the logbook of each vehicle updated,
- To process and collect travel documents from ARRA & other IOM partners.
- Escort refugees to/from the camps for resettlement or medical examinations as required,
- Assist in Logistics and operational activities of the sub-office,
- To process and collect shipments from customs, airport etc.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum required qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Secondary school diploma from an accredited educational institution is required
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in logistics and transportation, is required.
- Possession of a valid 3rd grade driving license
- Certificate in Auto Mechanic is advantageous
- Experience with diplomatic authorities, NGOs as well as international organizations is an advantage.
- Good knowledge in logistics and minor vehicle repair is an advantage.
- Experiences in refugee programs and other humanitarian intervention especially on refugees’ movement, interview, and document verification.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government, UN-agencies, different countries embassies and international organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in Logistics management and implementation, including resource/financial management,
- Appreciation of different cultures and the plight of migrants and refugees in Ethiopia.
- Experience in working humanitarian agencies, especially the UN agencies, I/NGOs, supporting refugees is essential.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office packages - (Outlook, Word, Access and Excel) is required.
- Knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of local languages is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by 28th of June 2021, the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email. (Example: Application for driver) (IOM-SVN/0074/2021) no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn’t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!