|Location||Negele, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 3, 2021|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Reports to:||Guji Zone team Lead|
|Number of Posts||1 (One)|
|Closing date:||July 09, 2021|
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO add other private donors.
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
· Qualification: Certificate in driver/mechanic
· 3 years’ experience as a driver in an INGO
· Basic mechanic knowledge
· Staff management experience and good inter-personnel skills
· Valid driving license for the relevant category of vehicles
· 4x4 driving experience
· Know how to use a winch
· Willing to travel to remote areas and to camp in the field, ability to work flexibly including weekends and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live in basic conditions.
· Understanding of the Program nature and willing to travel and live in field site,
· Very good knowledge and application of the country’s as well as organization’s Driving, Road Transport & Traffic regulations
· Team oriented and flexible; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
· Rigorous, Organised, Honest, Vigilant, Motivated, Hard Working, Accountability, responsiveness
· Good command of English language and able to speak local language is a mandatory.
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
Salary Birr 7586.01 per month
Transportation Allowance - 10% of monthly salary
Medical Allowance - Medical Insurance Coverage
Hardship Allowance – 30% of your monthly salary
Pension - as per the government pension scheme (11% from the employer and 7% from the employee).
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non - returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with Job Title needs to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
- Applicants who have access to the internet can directly submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org (The vacancy reference number, Job Title along with the full name needs to be written on subject of the email, failing to do this will leads to disqualification) and on ethiojobs.net
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.