|Location||Dire Dawa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 24, 2021|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Vacancy Announcement No. 40 -2020/21
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic Exchange in Africa. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform to serve the national development goals through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and with integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Job Purpose: - The purpose of job of the driver is to provide safe driving and transport service within the city and out; to collect, store, transport and deliver all goods in his/her vehicle; to ensure the safety and wellbeing of assigned vehicle and its accessories; to ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean and tidy at all times, and is regularly serviced to ensure vehicle wellbeing, and perform other duties when and assigned by immediate supervisor.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides safe driving and transport service within the city and out when requested , handles properly the wellbeing of assigned ECX’s vehicle and its accessories,
· Ensures that vehicles are used for ECX approved purposes only
· Maintains a neat and accurate record of all journeys in the log sheet,
· Liaises with Vehicles suppliers/ Garages, Insurance companies, and other relevant stake holders to assist in facilitation of maintenance service,
· Ensures the assigned vehicle is clean and tidy at all times, and is regularly serviced to ensure vehicle wellbeing,
· Reports any accident as soon as they occur and follow correct procedures in the case of accident or complaint,
· Inspects and controls tools, spare parts, fuel and first aid kit held in the vehicle;
· Carries out relevant tests to the vehicle both as required daily and before a long journey and as instructed by immediate supervisor,
· Follows-up preventive maintenance of assigned vehicle per kms standard, delivers vehicles to garages and issues when maintenance action taken, and
· Performs other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· 10\12 Complete and 3rd grade Driving License
· 2 years’ and above work experience
All interested and qualified applicants may send a cover/application letter and updated CV with relevant important documents via: email@example.com or on www.ethiojobs.com, or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa or at Respective ECX branch Offices on or before July 27, 2021.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION & LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
ECX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.