|Date Posted||August 17, 2021|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Conservation and sustainable management of biodiversity and forests
The Project “Protection and sustainable use of natural resources in Ethiopia” aims to strengthen the capacities of institutions responsible for protected areas and forests for a climate-resilient management of selected landscapes in accordance with the interests of the local population.
The project implements activities in landscapes around protected areas. In each landscape, communities are further integrated in decision making processes that reflect their interests and development needs.
The project supports national and regional partners in the institutionalization and up-scaling of the already developed instruments for the management of forests and protected areas through digital solutions and interactive platforms.
Contract duration: July 31, 2024
Required Candidates: one
Place of Work: Sheka Zone (Masha)
- provides passenger transport in an official car for project staff, official visitors and guests
- runs errands for the project, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies
- helps with transporting goods
- cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly
- is responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance
- reports need for service and carries out minor repairs
- secondary school education
- valid driver’s license
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a driver with references
- no major accidents in the past 3 years
- familiarity with the area around Sheka, SNNPR
- appropriate appearance
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
- knowledge of English and Amharic
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number “Driver #151/2021” in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”