|Location||Arbaminch & Lake Chamo, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
GIZ-Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #170/2021
Climate Sensitive Innovations for Land Management (CLM)
CLM supports the Ministry of Agriculture’s national programme for "Sustainable Land Management" (SLM), which aims to reduce land degradation and increase agricultural productivity in the rural highland of six Regional States of Ethiopia.
Contract duration: Until June 30, 2024
Required Candidates: Two
The incumbent is responsible for the
- Safe and responsible driving of project vehicles
- Routine maintenance and care of project vehicles
- Takes careful note of all available information concerning street conditions, effective routes and locations.
- Running of official errands and assisting with other office services
Driving and Chauffeuring
- Drive office vehicles safely and chauffeur office staff, official visitors and guests to official destinations
- Assists in the transport of goods
Maintenance of Cars
- Regularly cleaning the inside and outside of the office vehicle inside
- Check oil, water, brake and clutch fluids on a daily basis; tire pressures, battery water, and overall vehicle condition on a monthly basis or after 5000 km whichever comes earlier: tests lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
- Is responsible for project vehicle documents and its care, keeps vehicle logbook on a daily basis and registers each monthly check.
- Report the need for maintenance and undertakes minor repairs
- Immediately report any involvement of the project/office vehicle in any, even minor accidents, or any damage or theft of equipment from the vehicle.
- Uses all available information (incl. actual radio news on traffic situations) to update knowledge of street conditions, effective routes and locations daily
- Exchanges this information with other office drivers
- Serves all passengers and clients in a friendly manner
- Runs errands for the project/office, e.g. delivery of letters/messages, payment of bills, and makes minor purchases of office supplies
- Accomplishes the “Trip Record Book” correctly and accurately
- Does not use the car for his/her own private purposes at any time without prior permission from the Head of Administration or his/her assigned deputy. Such misuse of the vehicle is considered a serious misconduct, and will immediately lead to a warning and may result in dismissal
- Secondary School
- 3rd grade driving license
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- No history of major accidents within the past 3 years
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Discipline and punctuality, stress tolerance and patience
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘Driver #170/2021’ in the subject line of your email application.
Due to large number of applications we categorize applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”