|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 22, 2022|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve -economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
CATALYZE is a $250 million 5 to 8-year program, designed to catalyze $2 billion in private capital, especially to underfinanced social sectors (such as education) and higher risk countries (especially low-income and post-conflict countries) around the globe, complemented by a cross-cutting inclusion of gender-lens investing. CATALYZE will provide services to many missions and bureaus that “buy in” to tap the CATALYZE investment and pay-for-results project management expertise. Our aim is for investors to explore and find commercially viable opportunities and approaches to creating jobs, developing sustainable social services, tightening and rationalizing supply chains, and advancing inclusive growth.
USAID CATALYZE Ethiopia: Market Systems for Growth (MS4G) is a four-year, buy-in designed to benefit the Ethiopian people, build community resilience, and strengthen rural-urban linkages, predominantly in the areas of food security, WASH, and COVID-19 economic recovery. MS4G focuses on facilitating access to jobs for women and youth, enterprise resiliency, and sustainable opportunities for women and youth, leading to better employment, food security which in turn leads to individual and community resiliency. MS4G is also designed to provide support to enterprises in agriculture, WASH and other productive sectors by strengthening the enterprise support ecosystem within Ethiopia. MS4G is designed to have impact not just in Addis Ababa but also in select secondary cities.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned Vehicle: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.,
- Ensure that Palladium’s vehicles are used only for official/authorized business as advised by the supervisor.
- Record daily activities on log sheet including mileage, fuel consumption, destinations, and items in English,
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules regulations and the organization are taken in case of involvement in an accident,
- To keep his/her driving license valid.
- Provide Administrative and logistical support as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Work on a flexible schedule and cover all departures.
- Ensure the safety of all passengers in the car by ensuring that passengers and drivers wear seat belts. The driver observes all traffic rules, does not speed, and ensures the safety of the surrounding areas.
- On continual basis check and survey to ensure that roads and destinations planned for assigned passengers are free of any crime occurrences such as pick pocketing, purse snatching, or robbery.
- Ensure that basic tool kits are available in the vehicle.
- Ensure that the first aid kit is well equipped and easily accessible for use.
- Ensure that assigned vehicle is in roadworthy condition at all times, maintain vehicle in clean and serviceable condition and perform minor maintenance of a preventive nature. Ensure that the vehicle is ready and roadworthy before all trips outside of Addis Ababa.
- Provide basic care of assigned vehicle including conducting frequent checks of oil and lubricant levels, maintaining appropriate levels of each. Ensure vehicles have adequate fuel levels. Report all major needs for maintenance of the driver supervisor for immediate action.
- Ensuring that the waiver liability form is signed by non-Palladium staff and submitted to the Logistics Specialist on time
- Ensure that insurance registration and annual inspection of all Palladium vehicles is valid. Maintain copies of vehicle logbooks and insurance documents, ensuring that the renewal of insurance and annual inspection for vehicle is carried out in timely manner.
- Responsible to keep assigned vehicle clean, orderly and serviceable condition at all times; perform minor preventive maintenance; follow up with maintenance requirements of assigned vehicle.
- Responsible for preparing monthly activity, fuel consumption & expenditure report and presenting these to supervisor every month.
- In the absence of responsible person(s) designated to assist, act as guide and interpreter for visiting Palladium guests and/or other officials approved to ride in the Palladium Ethiopia cars.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Competence
- Secondary school education or equivalent (at least).
- Auto mechanics level 3 certificate preferred.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- INGO driving experience.
- Basic vehicle repair and maintenance skill.
- At least 5 years’ experience as driver with a government or international organization and experience in driving four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Have a valid driving license Grade 3
- Proven experience of driving in terrain conditions and mountainous areas.
- Matured, hardworking, enthusiastic, and helpful to people.