|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 25, 2022|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia's most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS' disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS's humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position.
Job Title: Driver
Department: Supply Chain
Required Number: One
Employment Term: Fixed term from May 1, 2022 up to April 30, 2023
Reports To: PDP Manager
Application Deadline: April 4, 2022
Summary of the Position:
You will provide safe transportation services to CRS/ET’s employees, authorized passengers, and goods and provide proper care and reporting on the maintenance of the vehicle assigned.
1. Provision of transport services
- Drives CRS/Ethiopia’s vehicles safely as per schedule issued by the Transport Dispatcher;
- Provides the necessary care for passengers and goods transported (checks and receives items to be transported, ensures that every passenger wears seatbelts while traveling in CRS/ET’s vehicle);
- Renews own driving license in a timely manner;
2. Undertaking minor repair and maintenance
- Performs routine checks on vehicles on a daily basis and reports as necessary on vehicle damage and time of service;
- Checks/corrects proper functioning of all warning and safety instruments on the vehicle before operation;
- Ensures that vehicles are clean at all times;
- Ensures that spare tires, fuel, oil, water and other necessary tools and accessories (jack with handle, tire range, screw drives) and all First Aid Kits are in place and in good working order;
- Changes and cleans air filters, replaces and adjusts A/C fan belt and check/adjust tyre pressure as necessary;
3. Compiling Reports and other functions
- Fills out log sheet/book for every trip as per CRS/ET’s policy;
- Reports any vehicle problems including damage and breakdowns to supervisor immediately upon return from a trip;
- Reports any accident to the police/relevant Government authority, to the Insurance Company and the supervisor immediately. Take care to complete all relevant forms as per CRS/Et policy;
- Implements all necessary policies and procedures of CRS/Ethiopia and Road Transport Authority;
- Takes proper care and utilize the CRS property i.e. fuel, lubricants, etc. in economical manner;
- Providing erranding and liaising service as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Completion of T/V (10+2) Certificate
- 3rd grade driving license
- 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Good knowledge of traffic regulations and practices needed in the care and safety operation of assigned vehicle;
- Good knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety measures in the area of assignment;
- Good knowledge of the principles of operation of motor vehicles as well as to detect and correct minor malfunctions
- Ability to make emergency repair and adjustments to vehicle assigned;
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instruction;
- Skill in the use and care of tools and shop equipment used in the automotive trade
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable)
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.