|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 12, 2022|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The College of Health Sciences of Addis Ababa University is working on Possible serious bacterial infection (PSBI) project. To this effect the College of Health Sciences seeks to hire drivers for the PSBI Trials that will be conducted in Oromia and Amhara regions.
The position holder is responsible for providing a safe transportation service to employees, authorized passengers, and other logistical and transportation support to PSBI Project as assigned by the line manager.
Specific roles and responsibilities include
- Handle travel logistics and coordinate staff travel to and from different destinations and maintain records for vehicles assigned to him/her
- Carry out routine checks on the vehicles i.e. cooling system, electrical system, tyre pressure, brakes, etc.
- Ensure security and safety of vehicle, on and off the road, safety of the passengers and/or goods therein
- Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle
- Inspect vehicle for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips and submit a written report on the condition of the car at the end of each trip or tour of duty
- Prepare drivers log details and car status from time to time
- Load vehicles with materials, deliver and pick material from designated areas and report
Duration of work: 1 year with possible extension
Tentative Start Date: Immediately
Number of posts: 2
Reports To: Study Manager
- 10th Grade Complete and above
- 3rd Grade Driving License
- Have a satisfactory record of continuous service as a driver for a minimum period of four (4) years
- Have sound mechanical knowledge of vehicles (preferably supported by documents)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to build appropriate rapport with diplomacy and tact.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills