|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 30, 2022|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ministry of Transport and Logistics (MoTL), TRANSIP is inviting applications for the following post.
The Driver will be responsible for the day-to-day transportation activities and will work closely with Project Team under the supervision of the Operations Manager.
The scope of services of the Driver will include, but not limited to the following:
- Carries out driving duties as instructed by the Operations Manager or the person designated as a substitute;
- No service vehicle will be driven unless authorized by the supervising. Unauthorized persons should never be taken into the Project vehicle;
- Checks weekly vehicle schedule for the office (missions, transport needs), prepares necessary plans/arrangements and reports on changes;
- Maintains the relevant forms (Vehicle Ledger and Vehicle Fuel Forms) assigned to each of the project's vehicles and submits them to Operations Manager at the end of each month.
- Carries mobile phone at all times, switched on and charged;
- Ensures that the vehicle(s) allocated are checked on a daily basis (Monday to Friday) concerning fuel, water, oil and other fluids, tire pressure and any damage/ repair requirements (which are to be reported to Administration for action);
- Suggests and reports on appropriate services or repairs;
- Ensures that all equipment and accessories and in good order;
- Ensures that allocated vehicles are kept clean and the interiors tidy;
- The driver is responsible for all loading and unloading of goods into the
- Vehicle and ensures their security and condition while in the vehicle;
- Reports any accident or driving incident, even minor, to the Operations Manager as quickly as possible and completes necessary reports;
- Obeys all road traffic regulations, including the wearing of seat belts. The driver must ensure that he s in possession of a driving license when on driving duties. The payment of speeding, parking and other road traffic offense fines is the driver's responsibility. The driver should note that when he is personally responsible for an accident, a sanction could be imposed;
- Assists the TRANSIP with clerical/administrative duties as required; however, driving duties or tasks take priority;
- Carries out any delivery or collection duties as may be necessary (letters cheques, visas, minor procurements, etc...);
- Supervises minor maintenance jobs carried out at the office by external parties. (electricians, painters, plumbers);
- The driver should make sure that fulfillment of his tasks is carried out with full care preserving the confidentiality of all matters related to TRANSIP PIU's operations;
- Carries out any other duties that may reasonably or exceptionally be required to ensure the smooth operation of TRANSIP's work and optimize the functioning of the office, such as replacing absent colleagues, carrying out administrative tasks, etc;
- Basic guidelines include PAM, correspondence, manuals, etc. there are also a variety of unwritten policies, precedents and practices;
- Initiative and independent judgment s required by the employee in determining what needs to be done and the best working methods, co-ordination with the various relevant TRANSIP staff is essential; and,
- Purpose of Contacts: Required to deal personally with peers and colleagues from all TRANSIP staff, implementing partners and other necessary organizations, including the government under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Operations Manager.
Qualification & Experience
- At least 8" grade complete and Grade 3 driving license; and,
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a driver.
Duration of employment for one-year contract basis, the contract will be extenuated depending on performance & availability of fund.
Quantity: 3 (Three)
Salary shall be as per the salary scale of the Ministry of Finance issued for Programs /Projects implemented by the financial support of Development Partners, issued July 2021.
The application must be delivered in a written form, along with original & copies, to the address below on or before May 6, 2022, during office hours: from Monday to Thursday 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM in the morning and 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM in the afternoon while on Friday 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM in the morning and 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM in the afternoon.
Ministry of Transport & Logistics
Transport Systems Improvement Project
7th floor, Room #7-5,
Churchill Street, Next to Main Post Office
Attention: Ato Kibremariam Teklegiorgis
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia