|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 24, 2020|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Hope for Justice is an INGO, our vision is to see a world free from slavery and we exist to bring an end to Modern slavery by preventing exploitation, rescuing victims, restoring lives, and reforming society. Website: www.HopeforJustice.org
Hope for Justice is recruiting a driver for a fixed term contract for a period of 2 years for Addis Ababa Debroah Lighthouse:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure safety of children and staff during travel to and from rural communities during reunification, reintegration and follow up.
- Ensure the vehicle is maintained according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensure documentation is completed accurately and on time.
- Support social workers during reunification, reintegration and follow up process as required.
- Receiving the vehicle with its accessories by hand-over documents and signs hand-over formats for receipt of vehicle with its accessories
- Providing driving services to the Coordinators, managers, staff members, visitors and guests from head office
- Maintains records of logbook for all journeys undertaken, fuel consumed, repair costs and ensures the logbook is available for inspection at any time
- Before starting the vehicle’s engine each day, checks the level of engine oil, radiator, and windscreen washer water are adequate, etc
- On weekly basis, checks the level of brake and clutch oil, battery water and the pressure of tires is at the proper levels, and also ensures that all lights and indicators are working properly
- Completion of High school
- Valid Ethiopian Driver’s Licence, Level III
- Motor vehicle maintenance certificate is an advantage
- Trained in Safety and Security
- 4 years of experience as a driver including driving a 4WD vehicle in rural communities in all conditions and at least 2 years of work experience in International NGOs with clean driving record.
- Strong verbal communication skills in English and Amharic and ability to complete simple documentation in English
- Ability to relate well to children
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Please submit your application letter and 2-3page CV to l to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please list the position in the subject line of your application ‘Driver’
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.