|Location||Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 2, 2020|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #074/2020
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development policy objectives. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on the commission of the Ethiopian Government and other international donors.
GIZ Ethiopia is looking to recruit a Driver for the Support to Responsible Agricultural Investments in Ethiopia (S2RAI-II) Project specified below.
The driver will be supervised by the GIZ-S2RAI-II Administrative and Finance Officer.
The driver is responsible for
- Safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles;
- Regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles;
- Taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations;
- Running official errands and assisting with other office work.
- Provides passenger transport in an official car for office, project or programme staff, official visitors and guests;
- Runs errands for the project, programme or office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies;
- Helps with transporting goods;
- Completes the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards.
- Cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly;
- Checks oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents etc.
- Is responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance;
- Calculates monthly petrol, oil and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting;
- Reports need for service and carries out minor repairs;
- Immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings.
- Uses all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and shares this information with other office drivers.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Assists other colleagues as needed in the project, programme or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other office work on request;
- Undertake further job training related to his position and duties, if required;
- Assist in and/or carries out other activities and any tasks as assigned.
Required qualifications, experiences and competences:
- Secondary school education
- Possession of a valid 3rd grade driving license;
- Holds a valid driver’s licence;
- Good knowledge of English, Amharic and ideally a knowledge of German, Gumuz or Berta language;
- Discipline and punctuality;
- Resilience and patience;
- Familiarity with Assosa, Benishangul-Gumuz Region;
- Appropriate appearance and attire (friendly manner with all passengers);
- Always ensures unrestricted availability of vehicles and reports restrictions immediately;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- At least 5 years’ work experience as a driver with references;
- No major accidents in the past 3 years.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
Knowledge of automotive mechanics
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Title ‘Driver #074/2020 in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged