|Location||Yabello and Somali_filtu, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2020|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Driver will be responsible to drive GOAL Ethiopia vehicles with in the programme area as well as outside to the programme’s staff as required. The Driver is responsible for keeping the vehicle assigned clean, drives safely as per the driving policy manuals of GOAL Ethiopia and treats passengers properly. S/he is also expected to adhere to one vehicle one driver policy of the organization.
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
· 12 or 10 grade complete
· 3 years’ experience as a driver
· Basic mechanic knowledge
· Good inter-personnel skills
· Valid driving license(3rd and Above) for the relevant category of vehicles
· Organised, Honest, Motivated, Hard Working, Accountability and Responsiveness
· Knowledge of local langue spoken in Oromifa and Somalie is a plus
Desirables, Advantageous Credentials:
· Certificate in Auto Mechanic Or related field
· Experience working in INGO
· Good command of English language and able to speak local language
· Willing to travel to remote areas and to camp in the field, ability to work flexibly and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live in basic conditions.
· Very good knowledge and application of the country’s as well as organization’s Driving, Road Transport & Traffic regulations
· Team oriented and flexible; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other policy, rules and regulation of the organization.
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non - returnable application ONLY with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title & Duty station need to be written in the application letter and subject of the email. Please do not attach any other supporting document. Applicants can apply using the following option.
- Applicants without access to internet can submit to the Administration & Human Resources Department, GOAL Ethiopia P. O. Box 5504, Addis Ababa or personally to GOAL Ethiopia Office at YABELLO or Head office reception.
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process