|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 30, 2019|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The center for innovative Drug Development and Therapeutic Trials for Africa (CDT-Africa) is African Center of Excellence hosted in the College of Health Sciences of Addis Ababa University. The main objective of CDT-Africa is to support equitable access to interventions (Medications, diagnostics, and other interventions) and bring about sustainable development in Africa through high quality capacity development for innovative drug and therapeutic discoveries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow the national/local laws required for safe and legal driving.
- Provide safe and timely transportation to authorized passengers.
- Immediately report any losses, serious malfunctions, or accidents; ensure all agency vehicles are in good working order and all necessary equipment is in each vehicle by checking and reporting daily to the supervisor.
- Ensure excellent working condition of vehicles through regular inspection and maintenance, including keeping fuel tanks full, checking oil, water, fluid, and tire pressure, etc.
- Be responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment including: tools, first aid kits, spare parts, etc.
- Clean the exterior and interior of vehicle on regular basis.
- Maintain files of all necessary paperwork for agency vehicles (including fuel and maintenance reports); ensure that all vehicles are carrying complete paperwork, including proof of insurance.
- Provide receipts for all transportation expenses and follow procedures of established purchase plan for all necessary vehicle equipment.
- Make purchases and participate with procurement team whenever necessary.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the center.
Terms and conditions
- Hours of Work: Are governed by the laws of Ethiopia. However, the nature of the work is such that it might require working overtime and weekends, with due financial compensation.
- Holidays: Are governed by the rules of Addis Ababa University for project workers.
Terms of employment
- Full time contract, six monthly contract renewal
- Addis Ababa with possible field visits.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Completed 10th grade or with previous curriculum 12th grade.
- Experience in driving for three years or more.
- Valid 3rd level Driving License and Good Driving record.
- Basic Auto Mechanical Skill.
- Dedicated and willing to work under stress full condition.
- Able to bring recommendation from previous employer.
- Good communication skill
- Ability to work with others, including international collaborators.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
Apply all credentials to the Human Resources Department of the College of Health Sciences Building (Addis Ababa University) Tikur Anbessa specialized teaching hospital: HR Department, The Human Resources Office, 1st Floor, College of Health Sciences.
Application is for 7 consecutive working days starting from the date of announcement