|Location||Shire, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2020|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the following position:
Duration of Contract: One-year contract, renewable (with 60 working days probation)
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures the proper functioning of the assigned vehicle to make ready for user departments.
2. Checks oil, water, tyre and be sure other important items are in place/properly functioning before driving; to make ready for user departments
3. Diligently provides transportation service to user departments; so as to help the mission performance.
4. Keeps the mileage records neat and correct; so that the mileage charge of user departments will be done properly.
5. Makes the assigned vehicles tidy; so that to satisfy user departments.
6. Be sure that the assigned vehicle is serviced in timely fashion to render need service for user department.
7. Regularly collect and deliver posts from and to the post office; hand over to the concerned body.
8. Settles bills of the organization.
9. Processes bank transfer and exchange of cheques
SAFETY AND SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Ø Each FHE staff member should adhere to all pertinent policies concerning safety and security policy of FH. Lapses in safe conduct can jeopardize the health and welfare of all staff.
Ø Every FHE staff member has an obligation to learn and understand the security situation where they are located.
Ø Each FHE staff member should adhere to all pertinent policies concerning safety and security. This includes, but not limited to, personal safety, road safety, etc.
Ø Provide adequate time to staff to participate in gender sensitivity workshops and related events.
Ø Through observation, interviews, and spot-checks, ensure that the staff planning, Implementation, monitoring and Evaluation process is gender sensitive.
Ø Facilitate open and regular discussions with staff on about the work environment, policies, and values convenient to gender issues.
Safeguarding Policy: Food for the Hungry is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for all beneficiaries it serves. It is FH’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that prevents and deters any actions and omissions that put any beneficiaries, including children and the most vulnerable, at risk. All personnel are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy could result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of high school education and 2 years of related experience preferably in NGO setting.
- 3rd grade driving license with driving experience is advantageous
Ø Local language (Tigrigna) proficiency is preferable; Proficiency in spoken and written English language is advantageous
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Candidates MUST be residents of the Tigray region.