|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 20, 2021|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Task Force for Global Health, Inc (TFGH) is an International non-profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to eliminating blinding trachoma, the world’s leading infectious cause of preventable blindness.
TFGH’s program aims at accomplishing its mission in countries where the World Health Organization (WHO) has noted that trachoma remains a significant cause of blindness through targeted support for expanded implementation of the SAFE strategy.
SAFE stands for
- Surgery - to correct advanced stages of the disease
- Antibiotics - to treat active infection, using Zithromax donated by Pfizer
- Face washing - to reduce disease transmission
- Environmental change - to increase access to clean water and improved environmental sanitation
TFGH-Ethiopia works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health, Regional Health Bureaus and Partner NGOs in order to attain its objective.
The TFGH-Country Office, which is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, is currently seeking to hire a DRIVER.
The Driver is responsible for providing reliable and safe driving service for travels to regional sates, towns and districts of Ethiopia for TFGH-staff. The Driver will also provide administrative support for TFGH colleagues and partners as appropriate.
NUMBER OF POSITION: ONE
- Minimum of 5 years driving experience.
- Proven track record in safe driving practices
- Previous work with International organizations/NGOs is highly desirable;
- Secondary school education
- A valid driving license (Grade 3 license).
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A good knowledge of Addis Ababa, regional states, towns and districts of Ethiopia
- Very familiar with Federal Ministry of Health, other governmental, non-governmental and UN organizations based in Addis Ababa
- Basic technical knowledge of problem identification (trouble shooting) and minor maintenance
- Evidence of experience in facilitating outdoor office work ( liaisoning)
- Adequate experience in field works to remote and difficult–to-reach areas of the country,
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Must have excellent manners and interpersonal skills; be dependable and ready to work beyond regular working hours.
- Awareness of safe driving practices and country’s traffic laws.
- Previous work with International organizations/NGOs highly desirable;
- Excellent knowledge to ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs;
- Make arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing.
- Willing to give driving service at least 80% of the time to implementing areas.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend interviews.
Closing date-within 10 days of this announcement.