|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 11, 2021|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
The Ethiopian Medical Association (EMA) is one of the first professional associations in Ethiopia and was stablished on July 2, 1962 G.C with 100 founding members through a formal charter granted to it by the then Emperor Haile Selassie I. EMA is member of World Medical Association since 1994 G.C.
EMA’s head office is based in Addis Ababa and has a presence in five regions represented by its nine regional branch offices (Gonder, Mekelle, Bahir Dar, Dessie, Jimma, Adama, Harare, Hawassa and Arba Minch). EMA has been operational for over 59 years on promoting quality of medical service in Ethiopia and evidence-based medicine through publishing the Ethiopian Medical Journal (EMJ). The mission of the association is to: Ensure that the community gets quality health service and care; Promote the highest standards in medical education, science, art and practice and Ensure the rights and benefits of medical professionals (doctors) and act as their voice
Thus, the association would like to invite experienced and competent candidates for the following listed vacant posts:
Work Unit: Finance and Admin Department
Reports To: HR and Admin Manager
Staff Reporting to the Job Holder: Two
Position Grade: III
Under the supervision of the HR and Administartion Officer and receiving additional directions from the Finance and Admin manager and following the EMA’s policies and procedures, the Driver is responsible for the execution of all driving services of the Association.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives safely at all times and observes traffic rules, keeps records of trips in logbook.
- Reports immediately any car accident to police and the association /insurance.
- Ensures the annual car inspection is fulfilled on time before the Road Transport Authority’s deadline.
- Keeps properly vehicle documents.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other Departments, employees and other stakeholders.
- Provides transport service to EMA staff and visitors as instructed during working hours or out of working hours as required.
- Distributes EMA’s correspondences to various organizations, assist in collecting mails or letters to and from the post office and daily newspapers.
- Takes responsibility for the safety of the vehicle assigned, tools and accessories.
- Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean and usable at all times.
- Checks oil, fuel, water, tires, brakes and other electrical systems before starting driving the car.
- Follows up maintenance need of the vehicle and promptly reports back to immediate supervisor.
- Ensures validity of his/her driving license.
- Facilitates activities such as customs clearance and travel documents of EMA’s employees and foreign guests.
- Reports accidents timely to his/her supervisor all trip times, mileage and destinations.
- Perform other duties assigned to him /her by the immediate supervisor.
1Education and Qualification
- Completion of 10th grade or 10 +3 /TVET/
- 3rd level driving license and/or auto mechanic certificate.
- 4years of relevant experience on related position.
- Auto or defensive driving training certificate is advantageous
Competencies/ Personal attributes
- Demonstrate commitment to the vision, mission, core values, aims and principles of EMA.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
- Being self-motivated and highly organized, detail oriented
- Being flexible and able to work well under pressure.
- Having strong desire and skills to work with other as a team.
- Having good communication skill (both oral and written)
- Having good communication, negotiation and convincing skills.
4.3 Required Skills & Abilities:
- Having knowledge of driving regulations.
- Having Strong MS office and the ability to use new technologies.
- Consistently demonstrating accuracy and preciseness
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic.
Therefore, interested candidates who fulfill the above minimum requirement are invited to send your application quoting the vacancy position within 10 consecutive days from this vacancy announced with the following details:
- 1 page covering letter
- 3 pages updated CVs,
- 1 page summary of CV through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org to Admin. & Finance department of Ethiopian Medical Association.
NB:- in person application is not acceptable
Tel:+251 11 552 1776/ 11554 7982, Fax: +251115151005,