|Location||Deka-Suftu Woreda, Liben Zone, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2020|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS - EPER is an international non-profit aid organization with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland and works in more than 30 countries in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid. Swiss Church Aid | HEKS - EPER Ethiopia Country office wants to recruit one Driver and Logistic Assistant for its Liben Zone, Somali Region Coordination office.
Duration of Employment: Six (6) month fixed term contract.
- Drive official vehicle for official purpose and always follows transport policy.
- Maintain the assigned vehicle, check oils, water, battery, brakes, tires etc.;
- Maintain logbook for each trip / Keep records of use of vehicle, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing and other services;
- Ensure that vehicles are serviced as planned, washed & greased as required
- Ensures payments related to assigned vehicle are paid.
- Provides immediate report of accidents to supervisor & to country office Admin
- Perform miscellaneous office support functions as messenger;
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned;
- Completion of 12th or 10th grade;
- Certificate from technical school for Auto Mechanic is advantageous.
- Valid 3rd grade driving license;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Four years work experience as a driver of which at least Two years of NGO experience with good driving records.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken Amharic & English.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Local Language (Somalia language) is mandatory
- A very good experience in driving four wheel drive/field vehicle in the rural parts of the country.
- Team oriented, flexible and creative approach; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Good skill in maintaining healthy interpersonal relationship
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by sending letter of application and updated CV-two pages only through
Deadline for application: July 27th, 2020 COB
Only short-listed applications will be contacted. No phone calls are allowed!
Qualified Female applicants are encouraged to apply