|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 29, 2020|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 11 Regional Offices, 33 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
Details of the vacant position
Reporting to:- Qatar Red Crescent Delegation Office
Terms of employment: Contract for one year
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Driving Qatar Red Crescent vehicle in town and in the field following IFRC and ERCS movement, security and safety regulations.
- Make sure the safety and security of passengers and the vehicle. Follow up on millage for appropriate service and notifications.
- Initiate and follow up on timely cost efficient maintenance and repair works on the vehicle.
- Proper filling of log sheet.
- Follow up on renewal of insurance for vehicles and annual inspection, notify ahead of time management of guest visits, travel and hotel arrangements.
- Inventory management of the delegation and provide assistance to the fields when needed
- Regularly follow up maintenance of the assigned vehicle in terms of regular washing and repair follow up if any.
- The candidate also carries out logistical support services to the delegate office such as purchase and replenishing of office supplies, follow up furniture maintenance and occasional related issues as assigned by the Head of the Qatar Red Crescent Society delegation
- A good understanding of the principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent movement is required
- Logistic related assistance.
- Handling Petty cash-monthly cash count.
- Prepare travel advance and settlement document for the coordinator when needed.
- Check the need for maintenance works for office and residence of the Head of Delegation.
- A higher institution Diploma and 3rd grade driving license with a minimum of 5 years work experience
- Good communication skill in English and Amharic
- Able/fit to travel on field missions occasionally and during emergencies with proven ability to work outside the regular work hours and weekends
- Must have work experience with international organizations or foreigners for which the applicant can present references
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this announcement on August 3, 2020.
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.