|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 31, 2020|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
CALL FOR APPLICATION
Open to External Candidates Only
|Dire Dawa, Ethiopia|
Type of Appointment:
|SST, Six months with possibility of extension|
Estimated Start Date:
|As soon as possible|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting huma0ne and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the overall guidance of Head of Resource Management Unit and the direct supervision of Head of Dire Dawa Sub office, the successful candidate shall be responsible to carry out duties related to the organization’s movement activities. In particular, he/she will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned Vehicle: oil check, water, batter, brakes, tires, etc,
- Ensure that IOM vehicle (s) are used only for official/authorized business as advised by the supervisor
- Record daily activities on log sheet including mileage, fuel consumption, destinations, and items in English,
- Keep a HIGH degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions which involve IOM and its officials
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules regulations and the organization are taken in case of involvement in an accident,
- Compliance with security practices and radio checks as it pertains to the UNDSS security plans for Addis Ababa
- Provide Logistical assistance support to refugees, staff and IOM partners,
- Work a flexible schedule and cover all departures.
- Coordinate the logistical needs as relates to ground transportation, accommodation, meals, medical and operational appointments, pre-departure medical checks and departures and /or arrivals.
- Escort refugees and migrants between IOM Offices and processing/departure locations.
- Ensure safety and security concerns and incidences are advised to the sub office head and Security focal person.
- Maintain and clean the vehicle and keep accurate records and logs of all movements and report any problems to the sub office head and Security focal person immediately.
- Support the implementation of humanitarian response and voluntary repatriation programs as requested by the Office Coordinator.
- Undertake in country and out of country TDY’s as assigned.
- Any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities as assigned.
- Secondary school diploma from an accredited educational institution is required
- At least two years of relevant experience as field driver is required
- Possession of a valid 3rd grade driving licence
- Certificate in Auto Mechanic is advantageous
- Experience with diplomatic authorities, NGOs as well as international organizations is an advantage
- Good knowledge in logistics and minor vehicle repair is an advantage
- Knowledge of English and Amharic is required
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
· Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
· Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
· Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
· Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
· Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
· Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
· Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
· Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
· Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
· Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
· Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
· Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM ( optional depending on position level)
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with detail CV written in English via our e-mail address RECADDIS@IOM.INT, by April 12, 2020 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!