|Location||Gambela and Benshangul, Gambela, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 20, 2020|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Required number: 4 (Gambella 2 & Assosa 2)
Duration: 9 months (with possibility of extension based on contract and/or performance)
Adversity allowance applicable: Gambella 40%, Assosa 30%
The overall objective of the position is to provide transportation service to staff as per the organization’s manual and as per the direction of the logistic department. Role involves daily movement to refugee camps.
· Transport persons and goods as requested by the organization and by respecting internal and national driving rules
· Deliver and collect goods and documents to/from required destinations
· Ensure that all deliveries have been signed and delivered to the correct recipient
· Make payments, purchases and different bank processes as requested by the organization
· Fill and properly maintain vehicle log book for all the distance traveled
· Travel to fields as requested
· Keep vehicle clean and maintained at all times
· Perform preventative and regular maintenance on vehicle
· Make sure all safety and security measures are taken
· Perform other duties assigned by the Field Logistician
· 12th grade complete
· Renewed 3rd grade driving license
· Minimum of 3 years work experience in off-road and on road driving.
· Previous INGO experience is mandatory
· Ability to communicate in English and Amharic.
· Knowledge of basic maintenance of vehicles.
· Never been convicted; free from khat, smoking, alcohol and substance abuse addictions
· Flexible, Confident, Obedient, and service oriented
· Willingness to work out of regular working hours based on the program need.
· Field work oriented, flexible, diplomatic.
· strong interpersonal skills and work in multicultural teams
· TVET in Auto mechanics and Defensive Driving skill training.