|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 22, 2020|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Founded in 1961, PCI is an international non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing health, ending hunger, overcoming hardship, and advance women and girls around the world. In 2018, PCI served more than 12 million people in 15 countries across Asia, Africa, and the Americas. During the past 50 years, the organization has served millions more in 14 additional countries.
PCI has been working in Ethiopia since 2005 and now secured a funding from US Agency for International Development (USAID) in Ethiopia for its project Resilience in Pastoralist Areas (RIPA) that will improve resilience to enhance food security and inclusive economic growth for lowland pastoral communities.
The Driver/Liaison Officer will be based in Addis Ababa with frequent field travel. S/he will be responsible for all driving services in Addis Ababa and at PCI’s program operation areas. In addition, s/he will also be expected to handle all liaison and procurement works as assigned by her/his Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gives driving service in town or at PCI operation regions to the organization’s staff and visitors as per the schedule and instruction given by her/his Manager
- Collect or drop mails, courier and hand-delivered items
- Handle liaising works with Government Offices and other organizations
- Checks the vehicle at the start of each working days for the general condition of the vehicle, oil, water, fuel level and tyre condition and drives the vehicle with maximum safety and care
- Perform minor maintenance of the organization vehicles in the premises
- Reports accidents, vehicle damage or malfunctioning to supervisor promptly using the appropriate forms and complies with traffic regulations and insurance policy
- Handles claims with the insurance.
- Assists on regular vehicles movement report
- Maintains records of logbook for all journeys undertaken, fuel consumed, repair costs and ensures the logbook is available for inspection at any time.
- Ensures that, at all times, vehicles are equipped with a functioning jack wheel brace, and approved tool kit, (with at least one spare wheel, properly inflated tires, etc.) and a first aid kit
- Initiates purchase requisitions of spare parts and replacement of tyres and ensures their qualities
- Ensures s/he carries a proper and renewed driving license at all times
- Makes local purchases for office use when requested to do so
- Collects proforma invoice, effects cheque payments and collects goods purchased when required
- Perform other tasks as required
- Diploma/certificate in Auto Mechanic or other fields of study
- Possess 3rd Grade Driving License
- At least five years of relevant experience in driving, through knowledge of vehicle operation and control and sound knowledge in equipment maintenance
- Out of town driving experiences
- Previous experience in procurement and liaising
- Flexible to change on work practices and hours
- Good team player
- Neat, tidy and orderly look
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good in English language speaking and writing is required
The closing date for this application is April 30, 2020. Interested applicants who meet the qualifications should send their application letter and Curriculum Vitae through Ethiojobs.net on or before the closing date. Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.