|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 31, 2020|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Engender Health’s vision is Women and Girls First. The vision is underpinned by the mission, namely catalyzing the value of women and girls by harnessing the power of sexual and reproductive rights and health. EngenderHealth is a leading global women’s health organization committed to ensuring that every pregnancy is planned, every child is wanted, and every mother has the best chance at survival.
EngenderHealth-Ethiopia would like to employee well qualified and experienced candidate as Driver/Liaison Officer at its country office, Addis Ababa.
JOB TITLE: DRIVER/LIAISON OFFICER (DLO)
REPORTS TO: Logistics & Operations Officer
DUTY STATION: Addis Ababa
The Driver/Liaison Officer will have an overall responsibility of driving vehicles and keeping the organization’s vehicle in good condition including minor maintenance of vehicles and perform liaison works as per the office regulation and as stipulated in this job description.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that the vehicle is utilized for the sole purpose of the organization's work and comply with strictly.
- Ensure that EngenderHealth Inc. Ethiopia office’s policy with Non-Smoking and Drug Free policy is upheld within the vehicle.
- Responsible to carry out per-diem settlements as per EngenderHealth financial SOP as assigned by supervisor.
- Follow up that all vehicles are equipped with the necessary safety and short term maintenance equipment.
- Ensure that EngenderHealth Logo and any safety related stickers and notes are updated and in place in the assigned vehicle.
- Responsible to have all relevant and up to date certification/documentation on hand while on assignment.
- Ensures that the necessary appliances and First Aid kit are readily available in the vehicle in good condition and communicate any gaps identified for immediate stocking.
- Ensures proper cleanliness of assigned vehicles
- Responsible to drive the vehicle assigned in a safe way, with strict observance of traffic rules and regulations and the organization's internal policy.
- Responsible for the timely recording of official trips as per the office’s rules,
- Follow-up scheduled insurance, service period and annual inspection of assigned vehicles and report to supervisor
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance and checkup of the car, performs minor repair & ensures the safety of the car all the times.
- Responsible to ensure all types of vehicle servicing is carried out either at the contracted Garage or Fuel station dependent on service type and update immediate supervisor for any administrative action. Responsible to adhere to EngenderHealth Inc. Ethiopia office’s SOP at the time of accidents
- Responsible to distributes/collect letters, packages, & delivery of project documents on behalf of the organization and checks mails in the post office daily & perform related liaison works
- Assist in the settlement of monthly utility bills (water, electricity, telephone, internet, etc.) or any associated payments.
- Responsible for distribution of donated medical supplies and equipment to EngenderHealth Inc. Ethiopia office supported sites and submit stock delivery documents to Store/Finance
- Assists with imported goods collection and clearance from customs office.
- Assist with the collection of Model 19 for donation in kind distributed by EngenderHealth as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist with training documentation (video, photo, etc.).
- Perform other liaisons work as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School complete plus Diploma in Automotive from recognized college/university or professional institution.
- Minimum of (5) five years as driver and in handling different liaising activities and experience with NGO’s
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge of computer application.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent in time management/meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively work in a team.
- Willingness to travel to field offices.
- Willingness to work under pressure.
- A person with integrity, honesty, etc.
- Ability to speak local language
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.engenderhealth.org and click on the careers link, then click on the Ethiopia link to locate the job title and submit your application online along with your CV. There is no need to send your credentials at this stage.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth is committed to ensuring that its activities do not put vulnerable populations children at risk and will measures into place to mitigate this risk.