Driver Light Vehicles 1
|Location||Nekempt, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 16, 2021|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Driver Light Vehicles 1 (1 year fixed term contract), based in Nekempt.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives light vehicles to transport people and/or material in strict adherence to internal security rules and national traffic laws.
- Constantly monitors security conditions on the road.
Ensures that goods are stored inside the vehicle according to local, international and ICRC safety standards (attachment and distribution of goods, etc.).
- Checks their assigned vehicle(s)' equipment, general functioning and body condition and ensures that it is kept fueled and clean inside and out.
- Checks that trips have been authorized where necessary
- Immediately reports accidents, defects and/or missing equipment
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments.
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position.
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image.
- Takes responsibility for the own professional learning and development.
- Upon request, participates in other programs based on operational priorities.
- minimum Secondary School Diploma.
- 3rd Grade or Equivalent Driving license held for at least five years.
- Knowledge (spoken and written) English,
- Knowledge of local Amharic & Afan oromo
Professional Experience Required
- 3 years minimum experience in a similar position.
- Automobile maintenance experience (oil checks, changing tyres, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of mechanics.
- Good knowledge of the area of assignment.
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (Around Megenagna, in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa OR submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Sub-Delegation in Nekempt
Closing date: August 21, 2021
Women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process.