|Location||Jinka Town, South Omo Zone, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 10, 2021|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Vacancy No: VA_062_FY21
Duty Station: SNNPR, South Omo Zone, Jinka Town
Required Number 1 (one)
· Drives assigned vehicle carefully and follows transport policy at all times.
· Ensures assigned vehicle has spare tire, usable tools and is fit for field activity.
· Strictly maintains logbook for assigned vehicle. Registers every trip and keeps records of related expenses. Ensures payments related to assigned vehicle are paid against the logbook record.
· Ensures assigned vehicle is properly serviced, washed & greased as required.
· Ensures proper procedures are strictly followed when vehicles are checked in and checked out of garage.
· Provides immediate report of accidents to the Assistant Logistics Officer.
· Ensures that assigned vehicle has up-to-date insurance coverage and has undergone annual inspection before deadline.
· Assists his/her supervisor with administrative & financial responsibilities, as needed. Obtains supervisor approval prior to effecting payments when handling financial transactions.
· Performs other activities as instructed by supervisor.
3rd grade or equivalent driving license and completion of secondary school. Training on automotive will be an asset
Minimum of five years of experience in driving.
Experience in handling finance and logistics.
NGO Experience is preferable.
· Certificate on auto mechanics skill will have an added value.
· Good communication skills, proven experience in driving both in town & rural areas.
· Able to communicate in local language of the area is advantageous
· The candidate must have reasonable experience in fieldwork.
A recommendation letter from the most recent employer.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and application letter including photocopies of all supporting documents to the following address:
Drop your application in person at
The Carter Center - Ethiopia, Bonga Regional Office
Tel. +251 - 047-331-1561
When applying Please indicate the Vacancy No, position applied for & duty station in the subject line