|Date Posted||October 28, 2019|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Functional & responsibilities
- Be aware of the rules and regulations laid down by Concern Worldwide Ethiopia regarding the use of Concern vehicles. If these regulations are unclear bring it to the attention of your supervisor.
- Propel the vehicle in a safe and lawful manner and in accordance with Ethiopian road traffic regulations, and Concern Ethiopia transport policy and procedures.
- Carry-out daily and weekly checks as recommended by the vehicle’s manufacturer and Concern Ethiopia Transport and Logistics policies.
- Ensure fuel tanks are full prior to any journey.
- Ensure your vehicles are serviced timely and report the planned service before due date
- Record vehicle journey information on the logbook, timely and accurately.
- Ensure passengers adhere with Concern’s transport policy, for example: signing on the logbook for traveled journey and fasten seat belt at all times etc.
- Ensure the vehicle is clean at all times and all essential recovery tools are available with the vehicle in all time.
- Adhere to Concern transport SOPs, for example; vehicle movement, speed-limit, health & safety standards and incident/accident report procedures.
- Check vehicles service time and report to the fleet manager before due date
- Assist the fleet manager in checking other vehicles logbooks, service time and daily check completeness.
- When required, assist head office mechanics and carryout preventative service and other repair works for head office vehicles and generators adhering with workshop’s standards
- Perform other duties assigned by your immediate supervisor and maintain a good working relationship with all staff.
· Level 2 certification or Diploma from TVT or vocational college in automotive technology
· Minimum 5 years experience of driving field vehicles with similar INGOs or UN agencies
· Experience with vehicles and generators service
· Ability to multi-task
· 3rd grade driving licence
Good communication skill· Team work: work with other colleagues in a team manner and contribute to the team so as to achieve the goal
· Integrate: Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
· Communication: Actively communicate with the team
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Ethiojobs or in person
Concern Worldwide Country office Addis Ababa Ethiopia, Sholla Market
Yeka Sub- city, kebele 13/14
Telephone: + 251 11 661 17 30,