|Location||Gure and Tongo Refugee camp with Frequent Travel to Asosa, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 10, 2021|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Organization Back ground
Handicap International is changing its name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ».
HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Roles and responsibilities of Security Guard:
The driver is working under the supervision of the Logistics Officer/Project manager, based in Asosa/Guer and Tongo Refugee Camp.
The driver is expected to drive a vehicle from one place to another in order to deliver people or things on a schedule over a designated route and ensure the safety and timely delivery of passengers or goods.
Main Internal Interfaces
- Logistics unit
- Project & Administration Staffs
Main External Interfaces
- Transport persons and goods as requested by the organization and by respecting internal and national driving rules
- Deliver and collect goods and documents to/from required destinations
- Ensure that all deliveries have been signed and delivered to the correct recipient
- Make payments, purchases and different bank processes as requested by the organization
- Fill and properly maintain vehicle log book for all the distance travelled
- Travel to fields as requested
- Keep vehicle clean and maintained at all times
- Perform preventative and regular maintenance on vehicle
- Make sure all safety and security measures are taken
- Perform other duties assigned by the logistics officer
- Field visits should be scheduled upon request or/and needs.
This is to list as exhaustive as possible the duties related to this job. Nevertheless, the employee is expected to be flexible according to programme's needs and to accept extra-duties, temporarily or permanently, in respect of working hours and workload.
Work place: Benishangul,Gure and Tongo Refugee Camp
Contract Duration: Four months with the possibility of extension based on the availability of funding
- 12th grade complete
- Renewed 3rd grade driving license
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in off-road and on road driving.
- Previous INGO experience is mandatory
- Ability to communicate in English and Amharic.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance of vehicles.
- Never been convicted; free from khat, smoking, alcohol and substance abuse addictions
- Flexible, Confident, Obedient, and service oriented
- Willingness to work out of regular working hours based on the program need.
- Field work oriented, flexible, diplomatic.
- strong interpersonal skills and work in multicultural teams
- TVET in Auto mechanics and Defensive Driving skill training.
English language added value with other spoken local languages.
Please clearly state the position you apply in the subject of your email and also for which duty station. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for exam/interview no phone calls please.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting child protection and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position involves working with beneficiaries and is subject to strict safer recruitment checks. The successful candidate will be required to complete a police check and sign a self-declaration form to help us verify your suitability to work with children including checks with past employers.
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes women and persons with disabilities to apply.