|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 5, 2021|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
July 01, 2021
Post Title: Driver (Short Term)
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
Duty Station: Country Officer, Addis Ababa
Salary: As per the organizations scale
Duration: Six months
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development charity founded in 1984 with its headquarters in Birmingham, UK. As well as responding to disasters and emergencies, Islamic Relief promotes sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities - regardless of race, religion or gender. The office officially started operation in Ethiopia in 2004. Islamic Relief Ethiopia (IRE) is operational in the Somali Regional State with a base office in Jigjiga, Hargelle, Elkere, Bare, GG and Dekasuftu, Afar Regional State; Ewa, Awra and Gulina; Oromia regional State, West Harergeye, Chiro and Meayso Woredas and an additional operational office in Addis Ababa. For more information please visit our website: http://www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us
Currently, Islamic relief is looking for qualified short term candidate to replace staff who are assigned for Maternity coverage in Country Office, Addis Ababa.
Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, the driver shall be responsible for the safety and security of the passengers and the care and operation of the vehicle.
- Drive and maintain the vehicle in a professional, conscious and safe manner obeying the local road traffic laws.
- Ensure that at all times the vehicle is equipped with the correct tools and spare parts (functioning jack, a spade, an approved tool kit, a spare wheel with a properly inflated tyre and an approved first aid kit)
- Ensures that he/she has a valid driving license all time and ensures that a copy of the car paper and radio license is in the car.
- Ensure that vehicles are checked daily and weekly, and that they are correctly maintained.
- Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean, inside and outside, at all times and that the organization stickers are visible.
- Ensuring that no unauthorized personnel, no military personnel, no harmful weapon including gun, stick, knife, spear, any explosive materials, Chat, drugs on board.
- Distribute different letters, packages to and from project office and to other partners
- Assist office in coordinating field visits.
- Assist Logistics Coordinator in vehicle management.
- Ensuring to leave the compound with authorized paper and passenger list/clearance for goods for clearly stated reason.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Maintain a logbook of vehicle movement, its mileage, servicing, petrol consumption and general vehicle condition.
- Maintain regular radio communications between the field staff and field office.
- Ensuring parking of vehicles in a safe area when on the field visit, not near to the market, fuel stations, bars or any ill reputed places.
- Ensuring to park it in the guargae available at the office compound, and not any available place,
- Report all accidents, or other incidents involving other vehicles or pedestrians, to the office manager also. Ensures that the proper procedures for insurance claims are followed at the time and scene of any accident.
- Report any vehicle damage or malfunction to the store/logistics responsible person as soon as possible.
- At the end of the year, prepares activity and incident report.
Required Qualification and Experience
1. Complete of secondary education, 3rd grade valid driving license, 2 years of previous related work experience with non-governmental organizations.
2. Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
3. Previous work experience, ideally with non-governmental organizations would be an advantage.
4. Good written and spoken English is essential.
5. Basic working knowledge of IR operational area.
6. Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Islamic Relief.
7. Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
8. Commitment to IRE equal opportunity policy.
Safeguarding and Equal Opportunity
Islamic Relief and Islamic Relief staff considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and people at risk to be paramount to the organization. And must adhere the principle of ‘do no harm and leave no one behind.’ It is critical we do not expose communities or staff we work with to the risk of harm through our interventions. With a zero tolerance approach Islamic Relief have a number of related policies which also describe standards in behavior expected from the organization, its staff and representatives towards each other and those we serve. Islamic Relief is committed to responding swiftly, appropriately and constructively to any and all information children, young people and people at risk have disclosed.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. We participate in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme and will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and child abuse during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment before signing the contract agreement.
Islamic Relief believes everyone has the right to be safe, respected and valued regardless of who they are or their circumstances, and an equal employment opportunity to all candidates and qualified applicants, we do not discriminate on the base of age, sex, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability status and diversity.
· Interested candidates are required to submit a complete Job application form with all required supporting documents (copy of credentials and testimonials) through Ethiopia.HR@islamic-relief.org.et.
· You can access the Job Application Form with this link: http://www.islamic-relief.org.et/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Employment-Application-form-1.docx. Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.
· Closing date for the application is July 08, 2021.
· Due to the high volume of application, we regret that we will be able to contact only the shortlisted candidates.