|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2022|
|Category|| Driver |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Malaria and NTDs program is a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refines and develops tools and approaches, invests in national programs, and builds data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination.
PATH seeks a Driver for the multi-year USAID-funded “Surveillance for Malaria Elimination” (S4ME) activity in Ethiopia. The S4ME activity will support Ethiopia’s NMEP to achieve its goals and objectives of sub-national malaria elimination, particularly to attain near-zero malaria deaths and eliminate malaria in selected low transmission areas.
The Driver will support the day-to-day work of this project at the zonal and woreda level by providing transportation and logistical support at the implementation level.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Ensure the safety of all passengers in the car by ensuring that passengers and drivers wear seat belts. The driver observes all traffic rules, does not speed and ensures the safety of the surrounding areas.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned Vehicle: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.,
- Ensure that PATH’s vehicles are used only for official/authorized business as advised by the supervisor.
- Record daily activities on log sheet including mileage, fuel consumption, destinations, and items in English,
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules regulations and the organization are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- To keep his/her driving license valid.
- Provide administrative and logistical support as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Work on a flexible schedule and cover all departures.
- On a continual basis check and survey to ensure that roads and destinations planned for assigned passengers are free of any crime occurrences such as pickpocketing, purse snatching, or robbery.
- Ensure that basic tool kits are available in the vehicle.
- Ensure that the first aid kit is well equipped and easily accessible for use.
- Ensure that assigned vehicle is in a roadworthy condition at all times, maintain the vehicle in clean and serviceable condition and perform minor maintenance of a preventive nature
- Ensure that the vehicle is ready and roadworthy before all trips outside of Addis Ababa.
- Provide basic care of assigned vehicle including conducting frequent checks of oil and lubricant levels, maintaining appropriate levels of each.
- Ensure vehicles have adequate fuel levels. Report all major needs for maintenance of the driver supervisor for immediate action.
- Ensure that insurance registration and annual inspection of PATH vehicles are valid. Maintain copies of vehicle logbooks and insurance documents, ensuring that the renewal of insurance and annual inspection for vehicles is carried out in a timely manner.
- Responsible to keep the assigned vehicle clean, orderly and serviceable condition at all times; performing minor preventive maintenance; following up with maintenance requirements of assigned vehicle.
- Responsible for preparing monthly activity, fuel consumption & expenditure reports and presenting these to the supervisor every month.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 12th grade complete
- Auto mechanics level 3 certificate preferred.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- INGO driving experience.
- Basic vehicle repair and maintenance skill.
- At least 5 years experience as driver with a government or international organization and experience in driving four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Have a valid driving license Grade 3
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.?
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.